Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Another 25...

My stomach is growling at the moment, so apparently this will be The Food Edition of 25 Things About Me.

26. If I am cooking a meal, I don't want any help. If I want help, I will let you know. Otherwise, please stay out of my way relax and have a glass of wine.
27. It irritates me TO NO END when people come into my cooking space and start stirring things or movin' stuff around.
28. I bought a basil plant at Trader Joe's this summer and it is STILL alive. A little sparse, but still green and perky.
29. This is the first year I've been able to keep a basil plant alive for more than a week.
30. I have to breathe deeply and keep telling myself that it's ok if I buy rolls for Thanksgiving tomrorow.
31. I have to breathe deeply and keep telling myself that it's ok if I don't make a dessert for Thanksgiving tomorrow.
32. I find it virtually impossible to show up and just eat at any event where there's food; I must take multiple things to share.
33. I am confounded by women who don't cook.
34. I think I might have been Italian in a previous life, considering my obsession love of food.
35. My mom has always made homemade cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning.
36. And we always scope out and try to tag the biggest one for ourselves.
37. When I was a kid, we always got a can of Blue Diamond Smokehouse almonds in our stocking at Christmas.
38. We'd try to make them last by just eating a few, but they always ended up gone by the end of the day.
39. I have an awesome recipe for Rosemary Roasted Cashews that is to die for. (Courtesy of The Barefoot Contessa.)
40. If I must have chocolate, I prefer it to be dark.
41. With nuts and caramel in it.
42. I craved dark beer when I was pregnant with my son.
43. I'd never drank dark beer before that but now it's my favorite.
44. Contrary to the how the last two items sound, I did not actually drink dark beer while I was pregnant with my son.
45. Ok, so I did sneak a sip off of my husband's beer once or twice.
46. My son is perfectly normal healthy and does not have Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.
47. I always worry that there won't be enough food at get-togethers and holidays.
48. Maybe I should make a dessert for tomorrow. Just in case.
49. And get some appetizers.
50. I think I need a beer. Right now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you crack me up :) drink the beer, and don't make the dessert! or the rolls! it's going to be just fine, and heaven knows you have LOTS of reasons not to make homemade this time :) enjoy your thanksgiving!

Chelle said...

You know you're just going to play with the baby tomorrow so let the food issues go!

And how did we end up as friends since I HATE to cook? Oh yea, I remember! I let you cook for me!

ISO (In search of) said...

LOL. I detest the pot stirrer too! Especially when it's my husband. I mean really he wants to cook I will certainly step aside but when he tries to pretend he's actually helping move things along faster and isn't that drives me perfectly nuts. Hope your Thanksgiving is full of good food and family. (Just none in your kitchen in your elbow space)

Mama Smurf said...

#28...Me too! I bought mine at Nino's, however, and it's still alive!

Dude...you are SO Italian.

Suzie said...

I craved dark beer when I was pregnant with my daughter and i hate dark beer. how strange. I wonder why that happened?