Monday, December 1, 2008

Creeping Closer

I crossed a couple more things off my list! Yay me!

~ Make dentist appointment for kids for January.

~ Call Sam's new school to get him on their roster & to try to meet his teacher and get a tour. They are sending me a registration packet and we will go meet his teacher and tour the school the week before Christmas break.

~ Order carpet for house; remember to change color choice!

~ Finish painting the stripe in Sam's room.

~ Clean out kids' closets/dressers for outgrown stuff. Partially done - I got thru Zoƫ's closet in a fit of frustration.

******************************
In house news, the tile is going down. Hubby has been working like a mad man and has almost all of the whole tiles down. There are still a bunch that need to be cut and put down but overall he's thrilled with how quickly it's going down.

After being initially uncertain as to whether I liked the tile (that I myself picked out), I'm happy with it after seeing it on the floor. It's so rich and warm looking and goes so well with the cabinets and paint. The grout will be the color of the light spots in the tile so I think it'll look really pretty.


As of last night, the rest of the kitchen cabinets are in, the bathroom vanities are in and even my double ovens are in! Squeee!! I can't wait to see it.

To top off my beautiful kitchen cabinets, it looks like we're going to be able to swing the granite countertops that I love. The granite I picked out is GORGEOUS and goes so well with the cabinets and will give the kitchen a dramatic look. They definitely will be a standout feature. Especially that island. Which I've taken to calling Hawaii (cuz it's the BIG island...get it??) Yes, I'm a dork...haven't you noticed before now??

I've got to go pick out bathroom floor tile in the next day or so so that can be put down. Then after that's down, we can call the plumber back to install the toilets, sinks and fixtures. Our walk-in shower probably won't be done before we move in, but I'm cool with that. I know it'll get done. And in the interim, we'll just shower in the kids' bathroom.

I'm happy to say that I'm done with the painting - except for the touchups. On Friday after Thanksgiving, I painted for approximately six hours and managed to finish the stripe in Sam's room and get a second coat on my bedroom and bathroom. So now all the rooms that had to be painted are painted. If time (and energy) allows, I'll paint the guest room and laundry room, but those could be done after we move in if I don't get to them.

Sam's Room

When we were out working on the house on Friday, we had the fireplace cranked up and boy that sucker puts out some heat! And it burns so efficiently that even after burning wood all day there was barely any ash left in the fireplace. I think putting that thing in was a very good idea. It's going to heat our whole house very nicely. Good thing we bought some wood.


I've got so much more to tell you, like about my new pink vaccum and meeting my new nephew for the first time (pictures!) but I just looked at the clock and I must peel myself away from the computer. Besides, I'm so hungry my stomach is starting to gnaw on my backbone so I gotta go find food.

3 comments:

Rhi said...

Did you get the awesome deal on the Pink Dyson at Target?

I hope so! I have the Pink Dyson and I'm POSITIVE it vacuums better than a vacuum of any other color would.

Brooke said...

Lookin good! Love the tile! Love sams room! Soon you will be in!! How exciting you will be closer!

Mama Smurf said...

Everything is moving so fast now! I'm jealous of your new pink vacuum...and I'm even greener if it's the Dyson. I'm hoping my vacuum will kick the bucket soon so I can get one of my own.