Hey! It's Friday! That means two things: PAYDAY and time for a Flashback.
Two years ago, I had the pleasure of attending the baby shower of one of my very best friends. While any baby shower is exciting and special, this one was especially so. For the baby we were celebrating was SO very wanted, had been wanted for a very long time before he ever became a reality; a baby that truly was a dream come true. To this day, when I remember the day we were told that this dream was becoming a reality, I still get teary. Michelle will tell you what a big spaz I was about the whole thing. Every. time. I. saw. her.
Anyway, at the shower, we went around the room sharing how we knew the Mother-to-be. So it came to my turn, and I told Michelle that she stood to make some money that day because I'd made a bet with myself that I wouldn't cry and if I did, I'd pay her $10. So I started sharing how I knew her, and how excited I was about this baby...and damnit, I was crying. Of course, she was laughing at me, as any good friend would do, as I shamefully handed over the $10. But they were happy tears and I refuse to apologize for them.
Two years ago, I had the pleasure of attending the baby shower of one of my very best friends. While any baby shower is exciting and special, this one was especially so. For the baby we were celebrating was SO very wanted, had been wanted for a very long time before he ever became a reality; a baby that truly was a dream come true. To this day, when I remember the day we were told that this dream was becoming a reality, I still get teary. Michelle will tell you what a big spaz I was about the whole thing. Every. time. I. saw. her.
Anyway, at the shower, we went around the room sharing how we knew the Mother-to-be. So it came to my turn, and I told Michelle that she stood to make some money that day because I'd made a bet with myself that I wouldn't cry and if I did, I'd pay her $10. So I started sharing how I knew her, and how excited I was about this baby...and damnit, I was crying. Of course, she was laughing at me, as any good friend would do, as I shamefully handed over the $10. But they were happy tears and I refuse to apologize for them.
3 comments:
Thats very sweet
Did you make that quilt??!!!
Sweet story.
You only paid $5.00!
Hard to believe it was 2 years ago! That was our favorite quilt to play on and is lovingly packed away for him to share with his children some day.
Post a Comment