Tuesday, November 11, 2008

No Wonder

I've finally come to terms with my haircut and am even starting to like it. I've gotten lots of compliments on it and the initial shock has worn off.

Because I've made my peace, I decided this morning that I'm ready to send off my hair to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths. I figured I better check to make sure I had the prerequisite 8" of hair so I went and fetched my detached pony tails and my measuring tape. And I'll be damned.

The Hacker cut off WAY more than 8".


As you can see from Exhibit A above, I'm even being generous in my measuring, positioning the tape at the top of the rubberband, and not the hair. Stretched out, the top ponytail measures almost 12" (!@?!!) and the bottom is definitely 10". To say I am a little pissed right now is quite possibly the understatement of the year. No farking wonder I was so upset about my haircut! I specifically told her to cut 8" and NO MORE. I'm not sure what Neaderthal measuring stick she was using, but IT. WAS. WRONG.

She just lost herself a client.

BUT. Because I've ended up with longer ponytails than I wanted, I now meet the requirements for Locks of Love (which was 10" of hair and my original plan). So at least something good has come out of this.

3 comments:

Erin said...

You are doing a wonderful thing, Locks of Love needs a lot more people like you! I know of a little girl who would desperately love to have some hair right now, but Locks of Love doesn't have enough resources to make her a wig. You will help make someone infinately more happy.

Jen C. said...

Good for locks of love! Mike was wandering around across the room while I read your post and he thought those ponytails were squid. The weirdo is just back from shopping at LFS.

Mama Smurf said...

Don't be mad at her. Your hair looks beautiful. I think she did good. But then it's not my hair is it. I'll shut up now.