Ok, I think I've whined & cried about my hair long enough and can face the pictures. So here you go.
Before:


It was alot of hair. And now it's gone.
:
Other than the length, my biggest complaint is with the back. When The Hacker cut it, she separated it into two ponytails but not in the way you'd think. Instead of doing two sections, parting it down the middle like one might think, she separated it horizontally so as to cut 8" off the long part and then 8" off of the layers. Makes sense but it's left me with an absolute shelf in the back of my head. I'm not crazy about it, to be honest. But whatever. There's not much on my head right now that I am crazy about.
Except that, in an effort to somewhat placate myself, I colored my hair this morning (something I haven't done in a long time due to the sheer volume of hair I had). The pictures don't show much of a difference because of the crappy lighting, but it's a darker, richer brown. Think melted chocolate. I'm happy with that at least. Maybe I should have cut my hair myself too. Hurrrumph.
9 comments:
You look great! no sympathy here, sorry
The new do rocks !!!!!!!
I like the new do also. I can understand the shelf thing though. Maybe go to someone else and get layers cut between the two lengths? Just keep remembering why you did it. It will grow back.
I was expecting (from the way you were talking) that your hair would be above your chin. I think its cute. I do get what you mean about the shelf though. I bet if you went to someone else and maybe had it cut the longer bottom part a "little" shorter and had them blend it a little, you might be happier....BUT I think it looks really cute though, your really cant tell about the shelf, I just have one, so I know how you feel.
Oh, no, that's a GREAT do!
Oh, quit complaining! It looks like a good length. The layers could use use some cleaning up but overall, you gave to a great cause and you kept from getting an old school bob haircut in the end. Maybe it's time to borrow my hot iron!?!? Seriously, I love it.
Yeah, get rid of the chunky layers and enjoy it! You're sounding like one of those chicks on "What Not to Wear" who cry when they get an acclaimed sylist to fix their mullet!
Just kidding, but I think it looks cute and it's still quite long!
Kate, you need to go back to that salon, speak to a manager, and demand they fix it. I have been a hairstylist for almost 20 years (gasp!), and I can guarantee you that is not how it's supposed to be done. I get the idea she was going for, but it was definitely poor execution on her part. Tell them to take no more length off, but to blend the layers. I wish I lived nearby so I could do it for you myself! :-) I do have to say though that the length is SUPER flattering. But DO ask that it be fixed. You deserve to have the cut you paid for.
xo Deanna
Sorry babe...but I think your hair is MUCH more beautiful now. And I'm totally not just saying that. I seriously do think it looks very cute the way it is.
Post a Comment