Saturday, November 15, 2008

Arrival

I became an auntie again today.

It's an old schtick to me really. I first gained this title in 1986, when I was a mere 14 years old. I again was blessed in 1992, then 1994 and again 1997. I got three nephews in succession, then finally a niece. I remember all their birthdays and can tell you how much each one weighed.

Today, a new nephew joined the family. Kieran Roderick finally made his grand entrance at 6:41pm, weighing in at 7lbs even and standing 20" tall.

I've spent the evening waiting for him at the hospital, which would have been fine had it been the hospital he was actually born at. But no, I'm at my hospital, the one I work at, 90 miles away from him. This? Is killing me. Killing me dead.

For there's nothing I like better than brand new, straight from heaven, babies. I love their pruney pink skin, their fresh & powdery smell, their confused and startled movements. I love the feel of their feather-light weight in my arms and hearing their tiny sounds. (sigh...) I just love babies and have since I was a very young girl.

So this small boy that has just arrived already has a place in my heart even though I've only seen his sweet little face in a fuzzy black & white cell-phone picture. I can't wait to get my hands on him and kiss those sweet peach-fuzz cheeks.

Kieran, Auntie Kate loves you and will always have cookies when you come over. Welcome to the family sweet one!

3 comments:

Mama Smurf said...

Awww! Congrats!

One of my best friends recently had a baby (end of August) so I get my baby fix through her.

=D

Brooke said...

Yeah! congrats, cant wait to see some pics!

o said...

Congrats!! I hope you get to see the little guy soon!