Tonight I'm stumped as to what to write for my daily blog, having foolishly committed myself to NaBloPoMo. This does not bode well for the rest of the month seeing as it's only the 8th day of the month. In an effort to remain true to my commitment, I figured I would do the ol' "100 Things About Me", except that my belly is way too full of carne asada tacos right now to think of 100 things about myself. So tonight you'll get 25. And then, if I get stumped again, I'll have three other installments to bore you with share.
So, without further ado, here are 25 random facts about moi:
So, without further ado, here are 25 random facts about moi:
- I am the youngest of three girls; my sisters are 7 and 9 years older than me.
- Their names also start with the letter "K".
- We couldn't be any more different if we were born on different planets. I often feel like we were.
- I grew up in the Seventh-Day Adventist church and went to private schools from 2nd grade through high school.
- I haven't been to church regularly since I was a teenager.
- I still have many of the beliefs I grew up with although I question many others.
- I will never cram religion down anybody's throat or force my beliefs on them.
- I don't believe in soulmates.
- Sometimes I think I want a 3rd baby.
- I wish I had more adventure in my life.
- I've been to 27 of the 50 states.
- I've driven cross-country twice, both times with my Dad.
- I'm DYING to visit Italy & Greece but fear if I go that I will never come back.
- I have lived with cats my entire 37 years except for about 18 months.
- I would love to go to culinary school, but only for my own enjoyment and benefit, not to make it a career.
- I probably have 50 books on my "Want to Read" list.
- I am fascinated by the Amish and am a bit envious of their simple, uncomplicated lifestyles.
- I am also fascinated by, and a bit envious of, large families like Jon & Kate Gosselin and The Duggars.
- I apparently am insane and a throwback to a previous century.
- I'm not sure I believe in past lives, but if I did, I'm pretty sure I was a pioneer woman who came west in a covered wagon.
- I still miss my big, black Chevy Silverado Z71 extended cab truck that my husband made me trade in three years ago for a {gag!} minivan.
- While I don't believe in ghosts and spirits, I don't discount others' beliefs and experiences with them. I think the ghosts and/or spirits only reveal themselves to believers.
- Every time a plane flies over a little too low, I look up in fear.
- This did not start after 9/11 but after an Air Force cargo plane almost landed on my high school during my 7am class in 1989.
- I make an awesome Thai Chicken pizza.
K, so there you have it. Twenty-five useless bits of information about me. I'm sure I'll throw more at you in the coming weeks, but first I have to do some soul-searching to come up with 75 more things I feel comfortable enough to share.
1 comment:
I'm also fascintated with the Amish but think their life is anything BUT simple and uncomplicated....DUDE!....they hand wash their clothes! Uncomplicated?! LOL!
Lets plan a trip to Italy followed by a tour of the Greek Islands. We can leave the hubbys and children at home.
Post a Comment