In stark contrast to Saturday's weather, today is sunny and clear, but still chilly - only about 42°. But you won't hear this sun worshiper complain. As long as the sun is out, I'm mostly content. I realize that by choosing to live in this part of the country, I am not endowed with year-round temperatures in the range that I'd like, but I do at least need to see the sun. So what if I get frostbite or snowblindness if I go out? At least it's bright outside and I can lay on the floor in the sun like a cat. And yes, I do that.
Another little ray of sunshine in my life today is that after tonight, I am off work for three days. Hopefully the sun will wait for me and I can get the kids and I out in it tomorrow. Lord knows, we all need some fresh air and some activity OUT of the house. I'm thinking of bustin' out the double jogger stroller and dragging the kids out for a walk tomorrow if it's not freezing cold. Which should be interesting....Sam probably won't want to ride, which is fine. He's old enough and knows the rules of walking on the roadside, so I have no problem letting him walk along. Plus it saves me pushing 48 extra pounds. But Zoë may go into a meltdown if Brother gets to walk and she doesn't. Which would mean pushing a strapped-down, screaming toddler through my peaceful neighborhood and thereby destroying any peaceful, restorative qualities of the afore-mentioned walk. Hmmm. But it could force me into a quicker pace thereby ramping up the exercise benefits of this walk. I guess I'll wait and see what kind of weather the day brings before I start worrying about it.
Lastly, it's baseball season. Yesterday was Opening Day for the Mariners which always brings a twinge of excitement, wondering if this could be Our Year. Being the baseball lover that I am, I was disappointed to have to miss the festivities (I had to work) but you can be sure I had my radio on and will again tonight at work. My dad and I totally bond over baseball, so of course I had to call him on my way to work yesterday to wish him Happy Opening Day. We'll get together later this week to watch the game together, grill some hotdogs and eat some peanuts. Kind of like a delayed Opening Day party. I'll tell you more about my dad sometime. He's awesome.
Anyway, lots of little bright spots today, literally and figuratively. But for now, I'm off to work.
1 comment:
Im ready for spring to. LAtely no matter what the post I w always want the food mentioned. Like now I want hot dogs. Yummm hot dogs
Post a Comment