Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Blahs

I've got a serious case of the blahs. I'm in some kind of unmotivated, slothful, lazy, uninterested, uninspired FUNK. I think a large part of it has to do with the weather. I'm pretty sure I get SAD every winter. Not *sad* as in boo-hoo, but SAD as in Seasonal Affective Disorder. When the weather is gray and cold for days weeks months on end, and there is no bright sunshine to bounce off my retinas, I seriously turn into a grizzly bear. I just want to eat, hole up in my house and be left alone. And if you know me outside of your computer, you know that's not typical Kate-ness.

I hate feeling like this. My brain is going at Warp III with all the things I want to/need to do, yet my body absolutely refuses to cooperate. I have projects that I could be working on while I'm stuck indoors, new recipes to try, closets to organize, things to do with the kids and yet some days showering is my big accomplishment of the day.

And it's frustrating to no end because I'm in the middle of my six days off from work, and yet I've done NOTHING. My brain can't even hardly decide what to make for dinner, much less find the motivation to leave the house to do something constructive. Boy, but when the sun comes out, I am a whirling dervish of activity and energy. There is a drastic difference between Fifty-second-Cloudy-Day Kate and First-Sunny-Day-Kate.

Long story short, I.NEED.SUN. And SOON.

No comments: