Monday, April 7, 2008

Incoherent thoughts

I'm still working my way through my first cup of coffee so bear with me, but since it's been a few days since I checked in, I thought I better throw ya'll a bone. Because I know you've been anxiously awaiting my written word. Ha. All two of you that read this. (Hi Heather and 'Chelle!)

So my day with Dad was wonderful. And as suspected, I didn't get any pictures. We spent the day talking, laughing, and playing on the computer. I let him read the Day with Dad post and he got all teary. "You put this out on the internet? Why'd you do that?" He wasn't upset, just curious as to why I felt I had to share it with the world. But like I told him, if you love someone and are blessed with having them in your life, don't you want to tell everyone about it?

Like me not too long ago, Dad was completely clueless about this blogging world. He also read my post about the acts of kindness that happen in the Blogosphere, and again he got teary. (Have I mentioned my dad is a big softie??) So I started "showing him around" the blogosphere, some of my favorite blogs, and some of the stuff that goes on amongst us bloggers, like this, this, and this. He was amazed that all this had been going on and he didn't even know about it! But what really got him hooked was when I told him there were blogs about hunting, shooting, etc. I showed him how to search for them and then he pushed me out of my computer chair and told me to go cook something.

Oh. And the Grey Goose? Yummy. He had accidentally picked up a bottle of Grey Goose a l'orange which he apologized profusely for, but I assured him it was no problem. It went quite nicely with my tonic and lime, thankyouverymuch. I managed to keep my consumption to a minimum, attaining a nice fuzzy warm glow with none of the harsh after-effects.

Our dinner was divine - the ribs were amazing. So meaty and tender, and the rub and sauce were perfect. My baked potato salad was scrumptious, if I do say so myself, and once the ribs came out of the oven, we dove into eating, standing at the kitchen counter around the food like a pride of lions around a fresh kill. I wish my fingers hadn't of been covered in barbecue sauce because I would've loved to have been able to grab my camera and snap a few pictures. We had sauce and rib goo all over our faces! Quite civilized. But there's really no tidy way to eat ribs, is there?

****************************************************************************
I want this bag please. It would be perfect for holding my camera and other goodies on outings. I know this because my BFF Brooke has one and I covet it. If she weren't one of my BFFs I would totally wrastle her and take it away and make it my own because I'm bigger than she is. But since we have plans together for eternity the next few years, I'd like to stay on speaking terms with her. That and she has a very large sheriff husband. Who I'm kind of afraid of.


*****************************************************************************


Sam is on Spring Break this week and fortunately, after tonight, I am off work for the rest of the week. My job instead will be keeping him busy and getting out of the house. We have some things planned, with a list of other possibilities, so it should be a fun week. Tomorrow we are heading to the Science Center in the Big City. My friend April the Amazing Shrinking Nurse and her adorable son will be joining us for the adventure. Pictures to follow.


*****************************************************************************
Sam restarted his swimming lessons this weekend. He's now a Preschool Level IV. If the little spaz would just calm down and slow down, he'd actually make some forward motion. It's so funny to watch him flailing around in the water, looking more like he's drowning, when in fact it's his "swimming". But at least he can float!

*********************************************************************


And finally, a sweet picture of my kiddos. Zoƫ is finally letting me put her hair in piggy tails and she just looks so stinkin' sweet! And Big Brother is looking so grown up. I love these little rugrats.

6 comments:

Chelle said...

Phew, I was getting a little worried when you hadn't posted in a few days! LOL

Have you tried looking for that bag on Ebay? You just might fit it for a good deal, therefore, keeping your friendship intact with Brooke!!

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Hi! I followed your comment trail from the "We are THAT family" blog. Just wanted to say "Hi" and that I love the music on your player!

Mama Smurf said...

FINally! Let me tell you that getting to your blog has been a trying chore! I tried 5 times yesterday to get to it and kept getting error messages and then when I finally got to it I couldn't comment on it! UGH!

So I'm BACK! I found you! My bloggy twin! And I just have to tell you that your blog to your dad made ME teary eyed and damn it I don't even know you! That really was VERY sweet!

Swistle said...

My parents are totally perplexed by blogs. They don't get it AT ALL. I'll be trying to explain what I do and why it takes so much of my time, and they're acting EITHER like I'm flying a spaceship OR like I'm hanging out in chat rooms, depending on that day's level of comprehension.

Heather said...

Yea, I've been a little let down the past few days when I come for a visit and see you haven't been here!
Glad to hear you had such a great time with your dad... a reminder to cherish those we love.
I'll help hold Brooke down to get that bag, it's friggin awesome!
Go to etsy.com and look at camera accesories, they have some cool camera strap covers and such...

Brooke said...

Hey now, no need to hold me down, since I have TWO of them ( how lucky am I) I might let you borrow one for awhile ;)