Saturday, April 26, 2008

Pancakes & Fire Trucks

This morning the local fire department hosted their annual Pancake Feed down at the station. It's a pretty good deal: $12/family and it's all you can eat of pancakes, ham, eggs, coffee and orange juice. Plus you can buy raffle tickets to enter in a drawing for dinner with the firefighters. They come pick you up in the fire engine and make you dinner at the station. How cool would that be?


After filling our bellies, we headed outside to check out the fire trucks and ambulances. What cooler thing than to be a kid and get crawl around inside real fire trucks and check out all the gear?

Pardon me for pointing out the obvious, but I think Sam is going to make one extremely handsome heroic firefighter someday.


Zoe was fascinated by the seatbelts and I could hardly get her to look up to take a picture. Every seat she climbed into, she had to fiddle with the seatbelts. "I'm a safety girl." (Name that movie.)

She also tried her hand at pushing buttons. Something that, as her mother, I can confirm that she has a knack for.


Just look at that face poise! He's a natural, I tell ya.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Here via All & Sundry. Just had to 1)say that the quote was from Pretty Woman, lol. And 2) say that the firefighters love the kiddos coming to visit as much as the kids do. My hubby is a lieutenant firefighter, and his crew totally digs it when we bring in a gaggle of kids to check out the fire trucks and ambulance.

Mama Smurf said...

What a fun day!

Suzie said...

What a fun weekend

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Ooh Ooh! "Pretty Woman". Do I win? ;o)

Looks like the kids both had a blast!

Anonymous said...

that looks like fun they look so cute

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Hey, randomly found your blog through We are THAT family, I'm a WA girl too :)

Here's my answer to your name that movie question :

http://vintagedutchgirl.blogspot.com/2008/04/pretty-woman.html

Love it!