As I do every morning, I grab a cup of coffee and turn on my computer to check my email and Google Reader. This morning Swistle posted about doing some clothes shopping for her daughter at The Children's Place, who is having a 30% off sale, and that wantnot.net has a coupon code for an additional 15% off!
So I trotted over, got the code, and headed to The Children's Place to see what they had on their sale rack. I've been trying to find Zoƫ some new clothes, jeans specifically, because it seems overnight that everything is too small for her. She's grown about 2" in the last six months and her clothes are starting to show it. I tried looking at Old Navy the other day and, I kid you not, they had 3 pair of jeans. Not 3 styles of jeans, but 3 pair of jeans period, and not in her size. Everything that is on the racks is for spring/summer, and it is definitely not warm enough here yet to be dressing her in miniskirts and tank tops. That, unfortunately, is months away.
Anyway, I totally hit the motherlode. I got her 2 pair of jeans, 1 pair of khaki capris, 5 shirts, a dress and 3 t-shirts for Sam for the bargain price of $62! And that included tax and shipping (which is only $5). Now, I may be putting the cart before the horse in my excitement. According to their size charts, her height & weight put her in a 3T, so that's what I ordered. But I worry that the pants will be too big (although they have adjustable waists and she will grow) and that the shirts will shrink and be too small. So I'm cautiously optimistic and will anxiously await the arrival of my package.
So I trotted over, got the code, and headed to The Children's Place to see what they had on their sale rack. I've been trying to find Zoƫ some new clothes, jeans specifically, because it seems overnight that everything is too small for her. She's grown about 2" in the last six months and her clothes are starting to show it. I tried looking at Old Navy the other day and, I kid you not, they had 3 pair of jeans. Not 3 styles of jeans, but 3 pair of jeans period, and not in her size. Everything that is on the racks is for spring/summer, and it is definitely not warm enough here yet to be dressing her in miniskirts and tank tops. That, unfortunately, is months away.
Anyway, I totally hit the motherlode. I got her 2 pair of jeans, 1 pair of khaki capris, 5 shirts, a dress and 3 t-shirts for Sam for the bargain price of $62! And that included tax and shipping (which is only $5). Now, I may be putting the cart before the horse in my excitement. According to their size charts, her height & weight put her in a 3T, so that's what I ordered. But I worry that the pants will be too big (although they have adjustable waists and she will grow) and that the shirts will shrink and be too small. So I'm cautiously optimistic and will anxiously await the arrival of my package.
But I wanted to share the links in case you're in need of some new kid clothes. Let me know what YOU get.
Coming soon: Yet another post about our Spring Break adventures!
1 comment:
Awesome! I just spent more money we can't afford! At least my kid is going to look cute this summer when we go camping! LOL
Post a Comment