Monday, April 14, 2008

Let's Play Tag, Shall We?

Like my new internet buddy, Tammy at My Life, I'm very excited to have been tagged for my first meme. Man, with my new cool look and now a meme? I must be big time. LOL

What the heck is a meme, you ask? I don't really know the exact definition, but it's basically a little Q&A session of varying themes that you get picked to do. Kinda like those "Getting to know you" email forwards that constantly clog my inbox. (I secretly really like them.) So in true blogging tradition and in accordance with the rules, Tammy has shared the love and tagged me.

The Rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share seven facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. So here it goes....

Fact #1 - I went to private Christian schools from 2nd grade all the way thru high school. I was definitely on the straight & narrow until my sophmore year in high school when we moved from a little po-dunk town in Eastern Washington to Southern California. Things changed then. Just a little. That's all I'm sayin'.

Fact #2 - I think I was a pioneer woman in a past life. I'm not 100% sure I even believe in past lives, but if I did, I'm pretty sure I was a pioneer woman. Not THE Pioneer Woman (I wish), but one who traveled west in a covered wagon and homesteaded somewhere.

Fact #3 - In high school, I was in the choir and we traveled and performed all over the Orient the summer I graduated. It was SO much fun.

Fact #4 - I love to cook & bake. I seriously considered going to culinary school BK (before kids), but then I discovered that cooking because I had to took the fun out of it. Besides, I didn't want to be stuck in some hot, noisy restaurant kitchen, churning out plate after plate of food and never get to see people's faces as they enjoyed my creations. I still maintain that if I ever won the lottery I would go to culinary school, but only to learn how to cook awesome stuff so I could throw the best dinner parties around.

Fact #5 - I would love to write a novel. I started writing stories when I was about 9 years old and ever since have always had it in the back of my head. I always am on the lookout for an idea or a setting or a character that I would use to get started. Maybe someday. I think maybe this November I should participate in NaNoWriMo.

Fact #6 - My friend Brooke and I have a fabulous idea for a business, one we have been thinking about for a while now. And I think we're going to start trying to make it a reality. Both our husbands are supportive, our town has nothing like it, and we both think it would be wildly successful (because we ourselves have wished for a place just like it). Friday night is our brainstorming session.

Fact #7 - I've already read 18 books this year. And we're only 15 weeks into the year. Yowza. I think that officially makes me a bookworm.

So that's it for me and my 7 random facts! Did ya learn something new? Are you even more scared/leery/skeptical of me now??

Now it's YOUR turn. I tag the following people:

Chelle at Life With Alexander
Suzie at Up the Hill Backwards
Scarlett at Scarlett's Own Little World
Heather at Crouching Mommy, Hidden Laundry
Jen at A Good Life
Deanna at Domestic Chicky
Stephanie at Books & Flowers

Ok, so that's it. My first meme complete. Your turn!

4 comments:

Mama Smurf said...

oooo...I can't wait to hear about your business! Good Luck!

Suzie said...

Love the new page. It looks great. Thanks for the tag. I shall try to respond as soon as I can think clearly.

The Apron Queen said...

Dear blogging friend,
My meme tag response is up. You can go right here. Be there or be square. :D
Yours truly,
The Apron Queen

Chelle said...

I JUST started blogging and you've got me doing what? A meme what? Um, I only blog to share about my kid; no one wants to hear facts about me!

Can't wait to hear about the business venture goes...you've got a great idea!