Friday, April 18, 2008

Flashback Friday - April 18, 2003

I've dug into the picture vault and brought out some pictures from five years ago today for Flashback Friday. Sam was almost 8 months old and crawling all over the place. As you can see from his smiles, he was such a happy baby. So good natured and easy going.


He loved being mobile and being able to go where he wanted. After only a few weeks of crawling, he started pulling himself up on the furniture and I thought for sure he'd be walking at 9 months, like I did, but he was content to crawl and cruise along for a while, walking confidently a few weeks before his 1st birthday.


Even though he loved his newfound independence, he was still a snuggler and was such a lovebug. Everybody couldn't help but adore him - he was so happy and animated with such a sweet baby spirit. He was the baby boy I'd always dreamed of, and so much more. I was completely enamored with him and often found myself reduced to tears at the sheer joy and overwhelming love he'd brought into my life. His daddy felt exactly the same way and we counted ourselves extremely blessed to have been gifted with such a little angel. He really was the perfect first baby.


Now he's a big ol' 5 and 1/2 year old, which a wildly active imagination, a curious mind, never-ending energy, a wicked sense of humor and still the same sweet heart. He's a typical boy that attracts dirt, bugs, rocks and trouble but I wouldn't have him any other way.


3 comments:

Heather said...

What a beautiful boy! I had a baby photo of Brady on my wallpaper for a couple of weeks. It's hard to think that time went by that fast. Sniff.

Anonymous said...

He's so handsome :) They grow up fast, don't they? My little girl will be 6 on the 27th. Great blog :)

Mama Smurf said...

What a beautiful baby! And such a handsome boy. They grow up so fast. My oldest is already 11 and my little 5 y/o girl told me yesterday she wanted me to take the training wheels off her bike. She was just a baby....like, 2 days ago.....

*sigh*