Sunday, April 13, 2008

So Whaddya Think??

Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org Don't you just love my new digs?? I'm so super excited to have a new look for my little corner of the blogger world. I feel much more comfortable and at home here and hope you will too!

So who, you ask, is responsible for this magic? Certainly not me, for even trying to read the tutorial on how to create a blog banner made my eyes bleed. (Note to self: Buy HTML/Web Design for Dummies book.)

The other day I dropped by Domestic Chicky's and noticed that she had an adorable new banner. So I left her a comment telling her how much I liked it and how I was jealous of her new look. She promptly emailed me and said "I can make you one." So I promptly emailed her back and said "OK!! YES!!" After a bit of discussion and WAY too much over-analyzing on my part, I kind of just gave her some basic ideas and left it in her hands. (She might have a different version for you.) And my, what capable hands they are! I'm thrilled with what she came up with. It's a much more accurate representation of ME. And yes, if I were a color, I'd be red. I'm definitely not a "standard template that's available to everyone" kind of gal. So this totally makes me happy. Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

A huge thank you to Domestic Chicky for sharing her mad skillz with me. And for being so patient with me and my incessant indecisiveness. (My new self-admonition: "It's not like I'm tattooing it on my body.") If you're in the market for a new look for your blog, go see her. You can see more of her designs here.

Oh, and let me know what you think!

3 comments:

Rhi said...

Oh Deanna is such a doll, isn't she :)

She did my Etsy Banner. Anyway - I love the new look!

Mama Smurf said...

OMgosh that is SO awesome! I've been wanting to redo my blog for a while now but have no idea how. I want it to be smurf themed. I keep meaning to try to find someone that will do this for me...I'll have to check her out...THANKS!

PS...You've been tagged for a 7 things about you contest...=) Come visit me to see your tag.

Mama Smurf said...

PS...I just had a chance to go back and read through some comments from last week and wanted to answer your question...

The boys have been doing gymnastics since they were preschoolers..actually I started them in a Mom/tot class just for something to do with them...but it was more of a learn to wait your turn and follow directions class than it was gymnastics. And we just kept re-signing them up for the preschool and then boys rec classes because they kept loving it. Until one day when they were invited to join the team...I think they were 6 when that happened. But there's no specific ages...kids start at all ages.