Fumbling my way through this blogging world, I discover new and amazing blogs, people and information at least 42 times a day. Bloggers routinely link to other blogs' posts that have inspired them, made them laugh, or fit in with their topic of the day and I usually end up clicking the link to take me down down yet another little blogging avenue. It has amazed me at the sense of community that exists out here in the Blogosphere. There are some mighty fine people here and it's been a joy to "meet" them and get to know them thru their blogs.
This sense of community has been further evidenced by the story of a little girl named Emily and her parents, Katie & Brian. The other day, several of my favorite bloggers linked back to her story, and when I finally had time to sit down at my computer for a minute, I clicked the link to see what everyone was talking about. (I hope you'll do the same.)
Today there was a new post with an update. As I read the post and the comments, the tears welled up in my eyes and a chunk of my flagging faith in humanity was restored. The generosity of the human spirit and our capability for compassion sometimes really overwhelms me. If everyone exercised these "emotional muscles" more frequently, can you imagine what kind of world we would live in?
I wanted to write this post for two reasons: 1) To share the evidence that kindness does exist in this world that often goes too long without a demonstration, and 2) To share their story and maybe garner more prayers and support for them.
I hope that Katie & Brian know that there are a world of people out here that are praying for them, for Emily, her doctors and specialists, and for strength for them all. And I hope they won't think of us as strangers, but rather friends they haven't met.
No comments:
Post a Comment