Friday, February 29, 2008

My First Swap!

Since I'm such a joiner and trying my hardest to be an internet blogging geek, I've joined the Flickr group Color Me Happy Swaparooni. I stumbled upon this group of swappers via one of my favoritest blogs ever, Oh My Stinkin' Heck, and since Heather's the one runnin' the show, I've decided to give it a go. I figure it's a good way to get involved, meet other people, and potentially make some friends.

This month they're swapping tote bags and the rules are simple. Get to know your swap partner via their Likes/Dislikes posted on the Flickr site, check out their blog, then choose a tote bag & goodies accordingly (minimum value $15) and send it off to your partner. And in return, someone will be doing the same for you and you'll get a nice surprise in the mail. Sounds fun, huh?

To start getting an idea of what's "out there", and also to maybe give my future swap partner some ideas, I've been cruising around Esty and have found some super duper cute little bags. Like this one.

And this one. Don't you just love the polka dots? They're so chic.
Speaking of Esty, did you ever even know such a site existed? Holy moly, but I've spent more than my share of time browsing thru that site. There are some dang talented people out there! I have found a bunch of stuff I like on there and I'm not typically a "homemade" type of person. I've seen several little coin purses that really need to come live with me.


Stay tuned and I'll share how the swap unfolds. Should be fun! You should join in if you aren't already. (Sadly though, registration for this swap ends tonight so unless you're sitting at your computer, refreshing on my blog, you won't even see this post and know about it until....oh, next Thursday when you've run out of toenails to trim and dust bunnies to chase. But there's always next time!)

No comments: