Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Getting a wee bit comfortable

Remember this guy from the other day?


Well, he and his buddy came back yesterday. And closer this time. He was right at the edge of our driveway so I thought "What a great opportunity for some closer pictures!" I told Sam to stay in the house and I was going out to shoot the guy. With my camera, of course.


He really wasn't that bothered by my sudden appearance out the front door and lazily turned his head to look at me. Just goes to prove that I'm really not that interesting, even to wild animals.


But THEN, he must have just wound up his courage and decided to be friendly because he headed over for a closer look. Mind you, I don't have much of a zoom on my camera - he really was this close.

And getting closer...

I finally said "Hey Pal! That's close enough!" Even when I did my impersonation of a judo kick in his direction, he wasn't phased or impressed. I think he actually would have laughed out loud had he not been trying to be friendly.


Finally he stopped and we just looked at each other. Actually, he looked at me and I took his picture lots of times. Maybe he's actually a celebrity in the deer world and he mistook me for some papparazzi and was just being obliging. Whatever the case, he cooperated nicely.



When he figured out I wasn't going to ask for his autograph or give him a snack, he tired of me and sauntered off. Oh well. I was grateful for the pictures. And the fact that he didn't gore me to death.

No comments: