...from fast food, that is. Ha! You thought I'd actually get away from all the insanity and noise in my house? Silly you. I'm not due for another get-away until...hmm, let's see...2013?
But I digress.
I've decided that February is going to be Fast Food Free Month in Kate's life. Not because I've been abusing any particular drive-thru or anything. I just decided that why not just NOT go there. I mean, realistically I only eat fast food a couple times a month. Maybe once a week if the kids and I are out running errands and I start to get the Low Blood Sugar Blues or need to somehow work in a meal in my already jam-packed daily schedule. And if truth be told, I have a severe french fry addiction. I swear they put something in them that makes ya crave them fortnightly. (Name that movie.) Oh, I remember what it is! It's the grease and salt and the potatoes. Yummy.
So in light of my recent renewed interest in my health (and waistline) I've decided to take a sabbatical from fast food. Because really, those cheeseburger, french fries, and meat pulp tacos from Jack in the Box really are making my time and sweat spent at the gym for naught. And Lord knows, I don't go to the gym for naught!
This pledge was further strengthened when Sam was coloring some french fries on a worksheet the other night and he very aptly colored the french fry box red and drew a big yellow M on it. Yup. Time for a break from french fries for ALL of us.
And in all seriousness, I am rapidly approaching the ripe old age of 40. Not only would I like to look like a smokin' hot momma at 40, but I'd like to remain an ALIVE momma for many years beyond 40. With my family history of heart disease and all the other scary things that are increasingly possible with age, I decided that it's time to quit totally treating my body like a junk yard, throwing whatever I felt like in it. Time to get things tuned up, straightened out and running smoother. I think it's the least I can do for my kids. And myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment