As you can hear, I've added a little widget to play some music on my blog. The piece you're hearing is my favorite piece of classical music - Mozart's Symphony No. 40.
If you know me, it probably seems a little surprising that I like classical music, but I do. (Yes, I know what you're thinking...that Marching Band music probably suits me better, but you just shoosh.) I am by no means a classical music afficionado, but there are several pieces that I really do enjoy and actually intentionally listen to. I love putting on my Mozart CD and working in the kitchen. It's soothing to have the music playing, with no lyrics to disturb my daydreaming, and to chop vegetables, knead bread or mix up a batch of cookies.
I first heard this particular symphony when I was in high school. My friend Trixie (yes, that was her real name) had a cassette tape of some Mozart and I really liked it. So, it being the 80's, we copied her tape and made me my very own. I think I still have it around somewhere. I've listened to it over the years and finally got a CD version for Christmas a year or two ago. Now, it's the only CD in my kitchen CD player.
So, there ya have it. Another layer of Kate you didn't know existed. Scary, huh?
If you know me, it probably seems a little surprising that I like classical music, but I do. (Yes, I know what you're thinking...that Marching Band music probably suits me better, but you just shoosh.) I am by no means a classical music afficionado, but there are several pieces that I really do enjoy and actually intentionally listen to. I love putting on my Mozart CD and working in the kitchen. It's soothing to have the music playing, with no lyrics to disturb my daydreaming, and to chop vegetables, knead bread or mix up a batch of cookies.
I first heard this particular symphony when I was in high school. My friend Trixie (yes, that was her real name) had a cassette tape of some Mozart and I really liked it. So, it being the 80's, we copied her tape and made me my very own. I think I still have it around somewhere. I've listened to it over the years and finally got a CD version for Christmas a year or two ago. Now, it's the only CD in my kitchen CD player.
So, there ya have it. Another layer of Kate you didn't know existed. Scary, huh?
1 comment:
I'm pretty sure I played this at band camp (OK, really it's called the Marrowstone Music Festival, but band camp makes my stories much more interesting).
This one time, at band camp... yup, that's me!
Post a Comment