Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Weekend Update

Boy, is it already Tuesday? Man, these days are flying by. STILL. I think we might be settling into a routine though. Of course that routine is pretty much rushRUSHRUSH but I've been told to get used to it so I'm trying.

We had a busy weekend, and even took a break from the house building project. On Saturday Josh went to the Huskies game with some friends, which then freed me up to go shopping have some "me" time. I dropped the kids at Grandma's house and met up with my pal,
Michelle. We got our eyebrows waxed, did some shopping (I bought some extremely cute tops), and had a long, chatty Mexican lunch. (Chelle, did you notice the guy sitting across from us? I think he was totally listening to our conversation. Hope he enjoyed it as much as I did!) It was a lovely afternoon and such a treat to be able to do some things on my own. Don't get me wrong - I adore my kids and love having them around me, but sometimes shopping and lunching with friends are just easier sans children.

On Sunday, I decided to tackle my dirty house. Hubby bid a hasty retreat out to the house to finish up some electrical stuff, which left me alone with my vaccum and mop. I made myself a rather lengthy To Do list and managed to get everything done except a couple things. In my defense, I called an
audible and cleaned the inside of my oven instead of the fridger. And because I just know that you care what else I accomplished, I will provide you a list:
  • Swept & mopped the kitchen & dining room
  • Unloaded & loaded the dishwasher
  • Wiped down countertops & lower kitchen cabinets
  • Vaccumed
  • Dusted*
  • Picked up the kids' rooms
  • Cleaned the catbox
  • Five loads of laundry washed & put away
  • Kitchen rugs washed
  • Changed my sheets**
  • Scrubbed the kids' bathroom, including shower
  • Hand-washed the kids' bathroom floor & laundry room floor
* Hubby actually did this.
** Hubby helped with this.

So it was a productive day and I feel less disgusted with my house. Around 5pm we suddenly remembered that it was the last day of the Greek Fesitval that was going on at our local Greek Orthodox church. We quickly bundled everyone into the car and headed to town to gorge ourselves on delicious Greek food. Seriously, I wish some lonely, childless Greek couple would adopt me and feed me frequently and then impart their Greek cookery secrets to me. Because boy howdy, do I love me some Greek food. Apparently my son does too because he stole Josh's gyro and ate darn near the whole thing. Note to self: Check into Greek cooking classes.

In Project Get-in-Shape news, things are going well. The scale hates me and refuses to budge from it's current reading, but I'm starting to notice a bit of muscle definition emerging from under the thigh blubber. Most days there is at least one muscle group in my body that is sore from the abuse I've been inflicting on myself. I'm noticing too that my fitness level is improving. I've upped the difficulty and my rpm's on the eliptical machine in order to get my heartrate to it's "target" range. And at times, I get this strange sensation that makes me feel like I could keep! going! all! day! Hmmm...is that that "runner's euphoria" I hear about? Yesterday I didn't make it to the gym but wanted to squeeze in some kind of exercise before going to work, so I put in my
Turbo Jam DVD and did the 20 minute workout. I worked up a nice sheen of sweat and got the ol' heartrate up a bit. It was kinda fun actually and went by really quickly. That bodes well for my chances of actually doing it again.

On that note, I will head to the gym for another dose of torture healthy fun. Then I have been commissioned to take pictures of the electrical wiring in our house for posterity's sake. The insulation goes in tomorrow and my resident electrician would like documentation of where stuff is so that he can find it after it gets covered up with sheetrock.

And I swear! A house update post coming soon. Possibly even today. After my torture session. If I make it out alive.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

I didn't notice that man at all! Maybe he would encourage a change in career paths as well! THANKS FOR THE FUN DAY!

Heather said...

I'm a HUGE list maker. I make to-do lists and then I make "what I accomplished lists" - like the one you have here. Just to make myself feel better and ensure others don't miss something I've worked my butt off for.... :)