Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Quick House Update

It's been forever since I've given you a house update, so I thought at least I could throw some pictures up for your perusal. These actually are a week or so old and more progress has been made. I'm heading out there today so I'll take my camera and see if I can get some more pictures to share.

This is part of the front of the house, showing the bonus room up over the garage.


Here's the back of the house - this is completely sided as of now.


This is the east side of the yard. We had a guy come bulldoze all those big piles of dirt. He spread them out very nicely and Josh threw some grass seed out there, which is growing great.


This is the back door, which leads into the kitchen.


Here's the fireplace we had installed. It's an airtight wood-burning fireplace and will reportedly heat our entire house. While it wasn't cheap, I think we'll save in the long run. We didn't even put a furnace in, just electric wall heaters in each room.


The insulation is all in now too!
This is the kitchen - there's the back door & the window that will be over my sink.

I hear they're unloading sheetrock as we speak, the septic is going in (I'll get pictures of that today) and the siding is almost finished. It's a hive of activity today!

We have our kitchen & bathroom cabinets ordered and tile and carpet picked out. Things are moving along nicely. We really could be in by Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, it's really coming together. Can't wait to see pictures as it nears completion.

Brooke said...

Lookin' good! tons of progress since I was there! Hope you guys are in by Thanksgiving!

Rhi said...

WOW!!

o said...

It looks great. I am sure you are soo excited to see the progress and all the planning come to reality!

Mama Smurf said...

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see it completed!

Anonymous said...

yay for progress! looking great :).