Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Inspiration

You want to know why I'm so inspired about this fitness regimen I've thrust myself into? Because of posts like this and this. Tell me you don't feel like jumping up from your computer chair and doing something after reading those. I dare you.

"If you're not challenging yourself, you're cheating yourself." ~ Linda @ All & Sundry

An "Ah-ha!" moment if I ever heard one: "Instead of focusing on what I could do for me to improve my life, I've worried about why other people have it so good. What is the point in that?... As we all know, there is no answer to this. It just is. The difference here is that I can do something about being heavier than desired, and I have control over the outcome." ~ Pru @ Barren Albion

That's what I love about this blogging community. It connects people who are going through the same struggles and challenges and serves as a good reminder that we are all the same. And while the author may be writing for the cathartic benefits or just simply recording their thoughts, their words can inspire and affect profound change in other lives. I have found so many people who I identify with, who I feel inspired by, who I'm quite sure would become close friends were it not for our geographical locations. I find myself on a daily basis reading various blogs and saying "Me too!" or "Man, I never thought of that."

Isn't that why we're all here on this planet together? To learn from each other, to encourage each other, to help each other? Maybe I'm sounding Pollyanna-ish to you, but I just am so encouraged and inspired sometimes by my fellow planet-mates. And if that gets me firmer thighs and abs in the process, well, so be it!

3 comments:

Mama Smurf said...

I find inspiration in every blog I read...

I'm starting a Team Fitness group at our gym the day after I return from Chicago! I can't wait!

Now, if I could just keep my ass away from the chocolate...

MsPrufrock said...

Thanks for linking to me!

I did that post for a few reasons, all of which you listed. I know how much certain issues discussed on blogs have made me re-think a lot of things, so I'm with you - what a great community to be a part of.

Good luck with getting fit. I hope it makes you happy.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I just stumbled upon your blog and am really enjoying looking around. I'm a new blogger myself, and I'm loving the wonderful sense of community that I'm finding here in the blogosphere.