So we're one week into the school year and most of my momma drama has abated. I can't say I love having Sam gone to school, but it is easier to get thru part of the day only dragging Zoƫ along with me on various outings.
I've become reaquainted with the gym - I went twice last week and I think I may have detached my calf muscles from the bone during a particularly ferocious step aerobics class in which I stumbled and stomped about, trying to follow the routine and failing miserably while my geriatric classmates breezed along, clapping and letting out enthusiastic "Woo!"s. I was hoping to impact the more northern portions of my leg anatomy but instead have found myself limping along for two days now, unable to flex my ankles which makes me look oh-so graceful and has caused me to moan and complain loudly and often.
One negative to this whole school thing is that it has forced me to be productive and energetic in the mornings. This does NOT come naturally to me. I find myself having to actually set an alarm clock to wake up - I haven't done this in approximately 6 years and I haven't missed it. But with school starting at the ungodly hour of 9:00am, I have to rouse my oldest youngin' out of bed, force feed him breakfast, supervise his clothing selection, don clothes myself, pack his lunch and snack, get his backpack together and walk him down to the bus stop. All by 8:30am. Ha! you laugh. I've got it easy, you say. BUT. Remember my pesky job? That doesn't let me leave until 11:30pm?? Yah, you're all asleep by that time, snuggled up in your beds next to your snoring spouses, all cozy and warm. And I'm driving home in the dark, trying to dodge deer and other forest creatures who would cause me to crash into a ditch and not be found for three days. I typically don't get to sleep until 12:30am, which means my chirping alarm at 7:30am is most unwelcome. Kate with less than 8 hours of sleep consistently? Not much fun.
I've become reaquainted with the gym - I went twice last week and I think I may have detached my calf muscles from the bone during a particularly ferocious step aerobics class in which I stumbled and stomped about, trying to follow the routine and failing miserably while my geriatric classmates breezed along, clapping and letting out enthusiastic "Woo!"s. I was hoping to impact the more northern portions of my leg anatomy but instead have found myself limping along for two days now, unable to flex my ankles which makes me look oh-so graceful and has caused me to moan and complain loudly and often.
One negative to this whole school thing is that it has forced me to be productive and energetic in the mornings. This does NOT come naturally to me. I find myself having to actually set an alarm clock to wake up - I haven't done this in approximately 6 years and I haven't missed it. But with school starting at the ungodly hour of 9:00am, I have to rouse my oldest youngin' out of bed, force feed him breakfast, supervise his clothing selection, don clothes myself, pack his lunch and snack, get his backpack together and walk him down to the bus stop. All by 8:30am. Ha! you laugh. I've got it easy, you say. BUT. Remember my pesky job? That doesn't let me leave until 11:30pm?? Yah, you're all asleep by that time, snuggled up in your beds next to your snoring spouses, all cozy and warm. And I'm driving home in the dark, trying to dodge deer and other forest creatures who would cause me to crash into a ditch and not be found for three days. I typically don't get to sleep until 12:30am, which means my chirping alarm at 7:30am is most unwelcome. Kate with less than 8 hours of sleep consistently? Not much fun.
I'm finding that by staying busy it does make the days go by quickly. It seems that I no sooner start to wake up and enjoy the day than it's time to go retrieve Sam from school. Then it seems to be a mere matter of minutes and I'm trying to figure out what to make for dinner. Then it's bedtime and we're desperately trying to stuff the kids in their beds in order to collaspe in bed ourselves. I feel like I've been thrust on this madly spinning merry-go-round, where I'm slightly nauseaous and there's no way to get off it or even slow it down. So I just hang on for dear life and hope to make it out alive.
But we're settling in to this new routine. I'm finding that after a brief hiatus from the crack vitamins, I may need to start taking them again. Although this exercise bender I'm on seems to be compensating for them nicely. Probably healthier too. I'm feeling decently, if at times a little sore and abused from the exercise, and I assume that the longer we keep at this new routine, the easier it will become. I sure hope so, since we've got a long ride ahead of us.
4 comments:
Ahh, just wait till their both in school, and sports, and church activites, then maybe one more kid. the fun never ends!
Just wait...it only gets worse.
Hang in there, we have to get used to it, right?? I am with you since this is the first year I have had a child in school and Payton's starts at 7:30!!!! So you know I am setting an alarm to get us all up and ready. I do get to bed earlier than you, but I just might need some crack vits to do this all year long!
Glad the routine has begun...even if it feels like an ungodly hour for you!
Post a Comment