Tomorrow is Bunco night and I'm hosting. So today I'm getting ready, which translates into agonizing over the menu and planning what house-cleaning needs to be done tomorrow. (No point in doing it today when all my hardwork could be undone in a matter of minutes by my resident whirling dervishes.)
I think I've got the menu figured out, and by menu I mean a bunch of appetizers and munchies. The gals don't require anything fancy, mostly just drinks, but I tend to obsess over menus and food when I have people coming over. It's just who I am. Of course, I totally reserve the right to change my mind, and I probably will, considering I'm heading to my boyfriend, Trader Joe's, place in a bit to see what kind of goodies he has to offer.
You should know that I LOVE Trader Joe's. I waited rather IMpatiently for his arrival in our town for three years, having had the insider knowledge that he was coming, even when the Corporate people were still denying it. And I'm not ashamed to admit, I was there on Opening Day, bright and early, to hear the marching band and be one of the first to grace his aisles. I won't, however, tell you that I actually got a bit teary as I was making my way inside. Or that I parked three blocks away and had to tote my purchases, as well as my fussy children, all the way back. And I did it HAPPILY. Again, I'm a dork.
So for now the Bunco menu is this:
~Meatballs in Yoshida's sauce
~My yummy cheeseball with crackers
~Rosemary Roasted Cashews courtesy of the Barefoot Contessa
~Olive Bread courtesy of Pioneer Woman
~Cruditès (aka Veggies & Dip)
~Wine
~Hot Apple Cider (I may naughtify it a bit: Goldschlager & Ice Cream...mmmm)
~Cinnamon bun popcorn
~Possibly some cookies, if I can get them made & hide them from the other members of my household
I'm looking forward to having all my pals over tomorrow night. We have such a great group, and we usually end up chatting and yapping for the first hour and then remember we're actually there to play Bunco and finally get started. Should be a fun night and I totally plan on winning - so watch out!
5 comments:
uh, i think I will win again thank you. I am really looking forward to the hot apple cider with goldschlager and ice cream...mmmm. I dont think I will eat all day and wait for your tasty treats!
Um,I have trip (and a photo session!) to pay for, so I'll be winning if you don't mind.
And note to self... don't eat dinner before Bunco. Yum!
I was in full cleaning mode last night because I am hosting a debate party tonight. I love entertaining guests. And TJ's is the best place to get the goods! I agree with you on that. Hope your party is fun!
Mmm...maybe I'll have cider and goldschlager at my party (it's been years since we've done that!)!
I love that TJ is only 20 minutes from my house now! I wish you were only 20 minutes so I could join the bunco game! Such mindless fun!!
Thank so much for your kind thoughts during little B's illness it was much appreciated.He's at school today and doing great.
Whats Bunco?
Post a Comment