The snow is getting progressively deeper. Our deck shows 9", but we probably have closer to 12" since the kids trampled it down during first batch we got on Saturday/Sunday.
Yesterday was considerably warmer, probably almost 30°, so Sam and I went out to play. And whaddya know? Bob showed up.


We were back inside, drying off and warming up, when Hubby exclaimed "Oh my gosh!". We looked out the window and saw that an entire fir tree had uprooted and crashed down onto the house behind us. Fortunately, the house is vacant and empty. We went around and looked at the house, looking in the front door. And saw daylight. The tree went completely thru the roof and down into the second floor. We called the community association office and reported it and they were going to contact the realtor, but there wasn't much else we could do. And scarily enough, there is another tree right next to it that looks a little lean-y.
Today Hubby and his mom went out to the new house to check on things. The carpet is all in, and the plumbers have gotten several of the sinks and a toilet installed (hopefully they're finishing up today). I'm home today again, trying to entertain the kids and maintain my sanity. I'm going to get started packing some boxes after lunch in hopes that someday soon, we'll be actually moving.
3 comments:
My kids have never seen snow. We're all natives of L.A. I have been in it a number of times, but never lived anywhere where I had to worry about it.
That's a whole lot of snow! Stay warm today and try to avoid cabin fever! Pack, pack, pack!!
That sucks for whoever owns that house... trees were part of my reality growing up... it seemed every windstorm one of my classmates or teachers had a tree go down.
Hoping you get to move soon! I'm starting to get cabin fever.
Oh, and I have a basket of your kid's schtuff.
Post a Comment