Monday, December 15, 2008

Freezing

I am too cold to blog.

Winter arrived in the Pacific NW late Saturday afternoon. With a vengance. While I was at work, it dumped about 5" of snow and the temperature dropped into the 20's. The forecast says it won't make it above freezing for a week and the winds coming down out of Canada are making it painfully cold outside - last night was -7° with the windchill.

If you've been enduring reading this blog for any time at all, you might recall that we had planned to start moving this week. I don't know if that's gonna happen now. First, we'll see if the plumbers actually show up today and if the carpet layers show up tomorrow. Out where our house is, I hear there's not as much snow and that the roads are clear (because the frigid arctic air blew it all away, that's why) so hopefully there won't be a problem. But then it'll depend on the weather after that - if it snows more, or doesn't warm up to melt the snow we have, we won't be able to get a moving van up our driveway to actually move our stuff. We have a perilously steep driveway (see picture below) and even walking up/down it in the snow is tough, much less driving.


For now, plans are creeping tenuously along, but may come to a complete halt depending on what the weather does. Or doesn't do. So not only am I slowly turning into a solid block of frozen flesh (see Factoid #5 in the sidebar) but my plans for Christmas in the new house are evaporating. Who knows? It might still happen but I'm not counting on it.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Maybe spending Christmas in the old house could be sort of a "farewell" party to ever having to move again, or ever renting again, or every having to endure another 2008 again...
Hey, if the gals at the scrapbook store can make it there to open their doors, I think some tough laborers can do the same!

Chelle said...

I'm sorry about the latest weather crux to your plans. I'm sure you're disappointed. May you find the silver lining in whatever happens.

Suzie said...

The house looks good though

Rhi said...

HATE SNOW. WANT TO LEAVE MY HOUSE.

Mama Smurf said...

We have the same weather. It sucks. When hubby retires we are SO moving south.

I really really really hope you get to move into your house before Christmas.

Brooke said...

If only I had extra money to go somewhere, you and I would sooo be out of here with my free airfare! Think positive thoughts and hopefully the snow wont hit you again~!