Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Day

7:20-7:45am: Alarm goes off. Hit snooze repeatedly. (See also: worked until 11:30pm)
8:00 - 8:20am: Get Sam ready for school, gather his backpack, convince him he feels fine and that he should buy hot lunch today (so that I don't have to pack one).
8:25am: Josh drives Sam down the hill to meet the bus then heads out to the house.
8:30-10:00am: Drink coffee, try to wake up, check email, feed Zoe breakfast, shower & get dressed, get Zoe dressed.
10:30am: Gather snacks, toys, Zoe, camera, etc. and head out to house.
11:00am: At house, put grout sealer on grout in laundry room. Try to ignore lightheadedness and headache.
11:45am: Round up Hubby, Dad, and Zoe and head to local cafe for lunch in hopes that head will stop trying to explode and/or render me unconscious. (See also: low blood sugar)
12:45 - 2:00pm: Back at house, commence cleaning up between tiles in preparation for grout (i.e. scraping dried mortar from between tiles with screwdriver and steel wool)
2:00pm: Head out to pick up Sam from school.
2:30pm: Pick up Sam from school, have a talk with his teacher about his behavior at school, which has been randomly atrocious lately (see also: adolescent stress & acting out)
2:40pm: Head to Home Depot for my daily visit.
3:00pm: Arrive at Home Depot, gather laundry cabinets (unassembled) and countertops for bathrooms and laundry room, grab paint supplies and have another gallon of paint tinted (see also: repainting bathroom)
3:45pm: Load up cabinets & countertops and head back out to the house.
4:20pm: Arrive back at house, resume scraping dried mortar.
5:30pm: Hubby begins grouting dining room, I commence applying new paint color to master bathroom.
6:50pm: Hubby informs me he's had enough and is wore out.
7:00pm: Head for home after cleaning up grout and paint supplies.
7:30pm: Arrive home, put sleeping Zoe in bed, commence dealing with Sam and his homework assignment (i.e. write apology note to classmate for hitting him in the groin)
8:15 - 8:45pm: Rummage thru fridge for food, drink a beer, remember that last meal was at 11:45am, cook canned biscuits, turkey bacon and eggs.
8:45 - 9:15pm: Check email, read blogs, write blog post, realize that I'll probably do it all again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Mama Smurf said...

I think I just discovered the secret to weight loss...build a new home! I wish I had thought about this BEFORE the economy fell apart. Looks like I'll just have to stay fluffy for a little while longer.

Rhi said...

I have a sudden urge for Turkey Bacon.