Yesterday afternoon I went and picked up all my plumbing fixtures. All except one of the faucets for the kids' bathroom - they didn't have it so one is being shipped up from another store. Once we get the bathroom tile down and grouted, we can call the plumber to come back and install everything. That'll be a big step towards making the house habitable. I mean, the Port-a-potty has been handy but with the temperatures dropping in this neck of the woods, going to the bathroom is a chilly endeavor.
Here's the view from just inside the garage door:
Zoë's room: There will be a chair rail where that white stripe is, btw.
Master Bedroom:
Master Bathroom:
After I picked floor tile for the master bathroom, I'm not crazy about the color I chose for the walls. I don't mind the darker blue behind the vanity but the other walls are bluer than the picture shows. But maybe once we get the tile in (which is gray with a some tan mixed in) it'll diffuse the blueness a bit. Or I'll end up repainting it 3 months after we move it because I hate it. The countertops I chose are also a darker gray color so maybe the combination will work out. I don't know. This is the one room I'm not crazy about right now. Fortunately, I won't be living in my bathroom exclusively.
So today we're grouting the tile in the main living areas. Hubby just called me and said "You need to look at this; it's darker than we thought." So that's been halted and I need to go give my two cents. If the kids are at all cooperative, I'll work on doing some paint touch-ups. I'd really like to get those done before we move in because, let's be honest, after we move in we'll be plenty busy and I won't feel like dragging paint cans thru the house. (Actually I'm going to go pick up my niece and nephew and they are going to go with me to the house where they can help entertain/watch my kids.)
And in Christmas news, I managed to sneak off and do some shopping yesterday while Sam was in school and my sister watched Zoë. I think I got the kids almost completely done except for a couple more stocking stuffers and maybe one more present for Sam. I need to go thru my present stash in the closet because I can't remember what I already bought!
On that note, I better get my rear in gear!
3 comments:
Your house is going to be beautiful! One foot in front of the other....=)
Oh wow, everything is so open and airy. That is a beautiful house! And I especially love the blue in the bathroom.
Lookin good! not much longer now!
Post a Comment