It's December 5th. Already.We've targeted December 20th/21st as our move-in date.That is only 15 days away.
I have to work 5 of those days.
I have to pack my entire house. Then move it.
I have to finish my Christmas shopping for the kids. I'm afraid the kids are the only ones that are going to make it on the list this year. Even if I had the money, I don't have the brain power to come up with gift ideas for the other 14 people in my family. Sorry folks.
Oh, and did I mention the house isn't done??
Still to do:
Grout the tile
Lay tile in bathrooms
Install plumbing fixtures (sinks, toilets, faucets, etc)
Install carpet
Hang interior doors
Install shelves in pantry & kids' bathroom closet
Install closet shelves & clothes rods
Install countertops
Install kitchen appliances
Painting touchups
I have a feeling that the carpet and the countertops will be the very last things to go in. And hopefully they'll go in before we move. The carpet has been ordered so we're just waiting for it to come in and then we'll get the installer in there ASAP. We've had to change our plans for our countertops and so I'm just waiting to hear back from the gal at the granite place about the changes and then we'll get those going.
Our lease is officially up the end of the month, and while the owners are willing to let us stay, we don't want to keep paying rent. But I'm nervous about officially giving notice to vacate. What if the house isn't done? I can live with some things unfinished, but it's not just that. The house has to be inspected before occupancy and certain things are required to be done. And the stupid guy at the County won't return our phone call to tell us what exactly has to be done. We're kind of flying blind.
It's all coming down to the wire folks. And it's stressing me out a little.
Can't I just click my heels together three times and have it all over with??
3 comments:
Dang planning department, they're impossible to contact. I lived in a new house for a year and didn't find out that it hadn't passed inspection until I went to sell it :) Not that I would wish that on you!
Just think of it this way...in one month you will be home-sweet-home. And all the stress will disappear and you will have a fantastic Christmas and New Year in your new home that you've been waiting so long for. It's almost over babe, hang in there.
Construction is a lot of fun, especially when you live through it. Been there, done that a few times.
Post a Comment