Friday, October 31, 2008

Sundry Stuff

So, remember my rant the other day about working more and ohmystars, whatshouldIdo?? Well, I applied for the 12-hour position and we'll see what happens. I talked to another friend/co-worker who agreed that I should apply even though the job posting said it was only open to current department employees. So I did. After I calmed down and let it all marinate for awhile, that position is the one that would work out the best. My biggest problem with working more is working more late nights. This position would be the same number of days, just more hours per day. I casually mentioned the job to my sister who said she would be willing to watch Zoë for me, and also my BFF Brookie said she could watch her if necessary. It'd only be one day one week, and two days the next, for about 4 hours per day, so not a huge commitment. And if they were to share the task, that'd make it easier on them both. So we'll see what happens if anything. I can tell you one thing though. When/if my current manager gets wind of this, she's going to have an apoplectic fit.

*********************************
Hubby is staring to perk up, which makes me think there was something going on since he suddenly started to feel better after two days of antibiotics. He made it through half a day of work yesterday before begging off and coming home. Thank goodness he has an understanding boss! :)

*********************************
Yesterday afternoon I headed out to the house and tackled some more painting. I got the second coat on Sam's walls, Zoë's room taped off and two coats on the bottom half and one coat on the top. They look SO cute. Neither of the kids have seen their rooms painted so I hope they like them. I think Zoë will be thrilled and squeal in delight when she sees her's, and Sam will probably be indifferent and all I'll get is a shrug of his little shoulders and an unenthusiastic "Yah, I like it." But he's a boy so I can't really expect him to turn cartwheels over having colorful walls.

Either today or this weekend, Josh and my dad will be getting all the light fixtures and ceiling fans installed so that'll be one more piece of the puzzle complete.

Oh! I almost forgot! I have more pictures to show you:

Here's the kids' bathroom room. You can see my dining room wall through the doorway.

This is the hall closet door, which is what all the interior doors will look like. I love them!

This is Sam's room. The stripe is still taped off but once I peel that off there will be a white stripe inbetween the orange and blue. Colorful, huh?

***************************
Today is Sam's Harvest Party at school, so Sissy and I are going to that after lunch. Then we'll see what the weather is doing before deciding on our evening's plans. If it's not raining, we'll do a little trick-or-treating in Grandma & Grandpa's neighborhood. If it's raining, we'll have to look for something indoors or undercover, like the mall or downtown. Cuz there's no way my six-year old is going to miss out on FREE CANDY.

Happy Pumpkin Friday!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Lookin good! Love the colors!!

I love those doors too, those are the ones I want to replace these icky ones with!

Mama Smurf said...

I love the colors...it's going to be fabulous!

o said...

We have the same doors! The colors look great!