Monday, October 27, 2008

Color My World

Ok, ya wanna see some pictures of the house with painted walls?
Since I'm a pleaser, here ya go.

Great Room/Kitchen/Dining Room Before:


After:

It's funny because the color on these walls is called Tuscan Beige (Tammy, I had to have it after I saw the name...). (The walls on the side of the fireplace aren't painted because there will be built-in cabinets/shelves there, in case you were wondering.)


This is looking at the dining room before I painted the accent wall and also the best representation of the color. Are you ready to see the accent wall?

Ta-Da! Whaddya think?

It took three coats to get it dark enough, and even the camera doesn't show how dark it truly is. It's a really deep midnight blue and my plan is to hang a big black & white print in the center of the wall. On the very far left, you can see the tile on the floor. It looks darker in the house than I originally thought/wanted, so that's where I'm a bit nervous. The grout will be a bit lighter so hopefully that will lighten it up a bit. Yes/No??

I have more pictures to share but it's time for me to go to work.

5 comments:

o said...

You have been a painting fool! I like what I see so far and can not wait to see it all done. I am sure you feel the same way! I like seeing all the things in the house we are building come together, and we are not even going to live in it. I am sure you are soo excited to be close to living in your house!

Brooke said...

Lookin' Good!! love the blue wall. If your looking of a nice blackand white photo, I can have one of me enlarged to hang. Free of charge...really.

Anonymous said...

I really love that blue. It's so rich and classy!

Chelle said...

The accent wall is great! I think the tile looks fine. And most won't notice the tile once you have the carpeting in, the paint on the walls, and the furniture in place. If the color is right, they will all blend together with nothing standing out.

Mama Smurf said...

HOW did I miss this post??!! I LOVE the colors. Especially the accent wall. And the tile will look great! Very tuscanny! =D