Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rainbow Bright

The Big Red House is about to undergo another transformation. This time it'll be at the hands of yours truly. Tomorrow, I commence with the painting of the interior. Today I have yet another date with my latest boyfriend, Home Depot, to get all my paint. I spent several hours there last week picking out all the colors, and let me tell ya, my house is going to look like a crayon box. The colors have nothing in common except for, well, that they're all colors. I have no sense of style and barely know what I like, neither of which contribute to the inviting and peaceful haven I am failing trying to create.

After being blinded by the enthusiastic exterior color, you'll stumble inside only to be assaulted by a palette of colors that God never intended to be together. Ok, so the great room/kitchen/dining room isn't TOO shocking but, boy howdy, wait 'til you see the bedrooms!

It should have been an indication to me to maybe tone it down after the following comments were made:

Paint salesperson: "How about this pretty cream color for the bathroom?"
Me: "That just looks like 'no color' to me."
Paint salesperson: "Somehow I figured you'd say that based on your other choices."

Cabinet salesperson, upon seeing me holding my paint chip samples: "You like color, don't you?"

Now, I will tell you that after taking my paint chips into the house and seeing them in the natural light, I am changing the shade of a couple colors but not the actual color. Nope, those have been set for a long time. I just need to find a shade that isn't quite so mind-numbingly bright. I don't want my kids to have to wear sunglasses in their own bedrooms. I'm nice like that.

Anyway, that's my plan for the next couple days. I may or may not post some updates to give you a sneak peek at what I'm doing. Depends on how the paint fumes affect me.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I have a nice can of Highlighter yellow that may goes nice with your color scheme..

Rhi said...

You are a stronger woman than I. I hate, hate, hate painting.

Mama Smurf said...

You better post updates!!!

Color makes a house a home!