Sunday, October 26, 2008

Quick Update

So, the painting is coming along nicely. I've made huge progress, considering I've done 93% of it on my own. But I have lots of touch-ups, probable 2nd coats and still a couple rooms to do. Progress won't be as quick this week as I head back to work on Monday & Tuesday. But it's looking good. Although I have to confess, I'm starting to worry that all my choices (tile, cabinets, carpet, paint) are going to look like a houseful of vomit once they're all in place. I tried to make sure nothing clashed horribly and took my various samples with me whenever choosing, but somehow I fear that it's just going to look awful when it's all actually in place. I've already had to revise one carpet color because when I took the sample in the house, it looked YELLOW. I do not want yellow carpet in my house. Fortunately the carpet hasn't been ordered yet so I can change it but everything else is ordered. Yikes.

And speaking of vomit, today was a waste of a day. We were supposed to go south to a friend's wedding but instead I spent the day in bed with a migraine and occasionally stumbling to the bathroom to barf. Hubby loaded up the kids and went without me, which was a blessing AND a curse: a blessing because the house was quiet and I was left to suffer in peace, a curse because I had no one to fetch me crackers and cold cloths and pain pills and whenever I worked up the gumption to do it myself, I ended up scurrying back to the bathroom to further explore the contents of my stomach. It was a day of bummers. I was bummed to have missed the wedding and see "The Gang", obviously it sucked being in agony all day, plus I got the cutest black pants and sweater to wear to the wedding and I didn't get to wear them. I was looking forward to playing dress up and wearing grown-up clothes. Oh well. Another time.

Tomorrow will be spent playing catch-up before heading back to work. My cupboards and fridge are frightfully bare, the laundry is about to avalanche, the checkbook needs balancing, bills need to be paid and the house needs tidying up. All this fun before heading to work at 3pm.

I love my life but sometimes I wish is wouldn't come at me so relentlessly, ya know?

3 comments:

Mama Smurf said...

Yep...I know....

I'm sure your colors will look great when everything is put together. Don't second guess yourself. Just do it. And you know what...if it DOES look aweful...it's just paint. Paint is cheap to fix. Don't stress.

o said...

I hope you are feeling better and get all your chores done before work today! I love color, so I am sure your house is right up my alley. It will all come together.

Chelle said...

"The gang" sure missed you on Sunday. We came home with the flu, though, so you might be glad you stayed home.