Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Color My World

Everybody keeps asking me "When do you think you'll move into your house?" and my standard answer has been "Hopefully by Thanksgiving." But yesterday, I realized that Thanksgiving is only 5.5 weeks away! The days have flown by and here it is, the middle of October, and there is still SO much to do. So much for US to do. We're getting to the point in things where the progress is now up to us and we're just not gonna be as fast as if we'd hired someone to do it. So my dream of spending Thanksgiving in my new house is starting to crumble a bit.

Josh is meeting with the painter again tomorrow to discuss him doing some interior painting. At the very least, we'll have him spray the ceilings all white, as well as the laundry room, bonus room and guest room/office. (I'll paint those at a later date.) All the other rooms will have some color on the walls and be custom painted by yours truly. Which means that I need to go spend some quality time at Home Depot, staring at the paint samples and coming to a decision. I have the kids' rooms figured out and a general idea for the master bedroom/bath. I still need to pick a color for the kids' bathroom and decide on the color for the great room/kitchen. Again, I have general ideas but no specific colors picked.

{sigh...} It'd be so much easier if I were a white-wall kinda gal. But do you really think someone who intentionally paints their house red is gonna live in a house with plain ol' white walls?

Me neither.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I will help you paint! For a coors light.

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Well best of luck to ya! You're definitely getting CLOSE!

Anonymous said...

Sorry your house isn't coming along quicker but wow, a new house! You are very lucky. :) And I love the idea of custom painted walls. When we own a home and can make customizations like that I am so not sticking with plain old white walls!

Mama Smurf said...

Oh man. If I lived close by I'd be SO helping you paint. I love to paint. It's cathartic.