Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Color Me Red

This week the exterior painting of the house begins. I was forced to choose a color - red, of course - and then I had to choose a shade of red. Man, the details...

I bought a couple quarts of colors that I liked and then slathered some on the house to see what looked best. This is the one I chose:

That's only one coat so I think it'll be slightly darker when all is said and done. And with crisp white trim and the gray roof, I think it'll look awesome. I've always wanted a red barn house so I'm really excited to see how it looks when it's finished.

Good-bye boring beige house! Soon you'll have a shiny new paint job and stand out like a sore thumb be really pretty.

I realize that a red house is not everyone's cup of tea.

But then again, neither am I.

5 comments:

Rhi said...

WOW!

Also, love the red!

Brooke said...

love the red, the other one was a little too bright

Anonymous said...

yay for color! i love coming across bright houses :). there was a gorgeous old barn just outside of the town we lived in for the summer (North Adams, MA) and it was a mix of the most delicious shades of red and pink ... at least a dozen colors, all mixed up a few boards at a time, and I loved it more every time i saw it. happy house finishing!

o said...

I love red and think it will look great. I can not wait to see it. I think the one you picked looks perfect!

Mama Smurf said...

Have I mentioned that all my great room furniture is red & All my kitchen window treatments are red. & I just bought a red dutch oven. I love red. It'll look marvelous!