Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Interrupted

Life hasgone kind of haywire lately. The Hubby has been sick for two weeks now with some kind of funky bug that started out as a vicious sore throat, then morphed into a nasty chest & head cold that's turned him into a hacking, coughing, snotty phlegm monster who is an absolute joy to sleep next to, let me tell ya. For it's third (and hopefully final) act, this bug decided to attack his stomach & intestines and I'll spare you the details on THAT. You're welcome. (From other reports, it seems the stomach bug may have been a party favor from the wedding he attended last weekend since other guests have reported similar afflictions.)

The poor guy has been miserable, soldiering on when not absolutely on death's doorstep, but he's had enough. He went back to the doctor this morning, and thankfully she decided to put him on some antibiotics, even though she didn't really think it was anything other than a virus. Hopefully they'll kick in and he'll perk up in the next day or two. I know he's itching to get out to the house and keep working. I've got lots more painting to do, plus we have all our electrical fixtures and ceiling fans now that he wants to put up. He got most of the can lights put up and the electrical plugs and switches in so we have actual light now! So exciting to see the place lit up.

Hopefully we'll be past this interruption soon and can get back to work. He's been off work, which means I've had to take time off to take care of the kids, plus work on the house has stalled. I know he's tired of feeling like a big pile of poo and I'm ready to have my happy, healthy hubby back.

2 comments:

Mama Smurf said...

Another reason to HATE this time of year! Hope he's feeling better soon!

Suzie said...

I hope he feels better