I'm sick. Sunday night I started feeling a bit icky and a sore throat lurked. I woke up in full blown misery on Monday morning and it's only let up a tiny bit as of this evening. I've taken full two-hour naps three days in a row, barely able to drag myself out of bed to pick Sam up from school. I barely have the energy to bathe or fix meals, hence we're almost out of cereal. Thank God the kids aren't picky.
Aside from the obvious reason that feeling like utter crap is no fun, I totally detest being sick. I can't stand sitting still for very long and when I'm under the weather and being vertical makes my head spin, I'm forced to lie down. During the day. When there's laundry to be done. And blogs to read. And TiVo'd shows to watch while I fold clean clothes. There's always something to be done and being forced to NOT do those things makes me feel worse. It really it's own kind of illness. Yesterday was probably the worst day and I totally wanted to go lay down because I was starting to actually swoon, but the dirty dishes in the sick just wouldn't shut up. So, of course, I had to UN-load the dishwasher first so that I could throw the dirty ones in and get them out of my sight. Then, and only then, could I go lay down in relative peace and misery.
Now mind you, reading this you might start to get the impression that my house is clean and tidy. Rest assured that it is not. Far from it. I have two small children that are little toy-scattering crumb-crunchers who strew bits of their daily lives all over my house at a frightening speed. I just frantically scurry along in their wake and pick up the big chunks. No, my house is not clean, but I do try to keep it tidy. That at least gives the appearance of cleanliness.
I'm hopeful that tomorrow will be better. Lord knows it better be for we are almost out of Nyquil and Alka-Seltzer Cold Plus. And clean underwear.
No comments:
Post a Comment