Thursday, March 13, 2008

Party on Garth!

Ultimate Blog Party 2008


Welcome party guests! Come on in and make yourselves comfortable. Thanks for coming! Can I get you a drink? I have some lovely Sangria along with a variety of Northwest microbrews. Or perhaps you'd like a glass of iced tea? Whatever you'd like. Help yourself. There's lots of snackies too. Grab some and make yourself comfortable.


Let me tell you a little about myself, since we've just met. My name is Kate - howdy. I have two little children that live in my house, Sam & Zoƫ. Sometimes I look at them and think "Where'd they come from?" but then they holler "Maaawwwmmm!" and I remember. I'm mainly a stay at home mom but I also work part-time in the evenings at our local hospital. Wouldn't trade it for the world. The part-time job yes, the kids no. I have a terrific hubby too, Josh. He puts up with me and my craziness and has for almost 10 years. Amazing man, he is.


I've recently discovered this crazy blogging world and am having a blast! It's HUGE! Every day I discover something new (like this Blog Party) and am amazed at all there is to see and learn. I'm almost scared to keep clicking for I always find something new and fun to read or participate in and my house is seriously suffering. Mt. Washmore is threatening to erupt again and I'm sure I could make a nutritious and satisfying dinner out of what is on my kitchen floor, if only I'd sweep. Actually that might solve my "what's for dinner" dilemma...


My life is pretty crazy sometimes, but I'm not sure if it's just my quirky crazy take on it, or if it truly is just insane. I'm sure there's some legitimate insanity in there - after all, I have two small kids, one of which is an extremely busy crazy son. But at least he's quit doing things like peeing in the heater vent or the cat box. Although I did catch him with his pants down outside yesterday.... Hmmm. Maybe not as much progress as I thought.


Anyway, hope you'll stick around for awhile. I love having company, but I must warn you. I'll thrust food and baked goods at you and probably talk your ear off. If you can deal with that, then we can be friends.


Leave me a note letting me know you stopped by and your address so I can pay you a visit too! Now, if you'll excuse me I'll go turn up the music a bit and we'll get this party started.

~Kate

9 comments:

Suzie said...

Yes my boy loves peeing on things too. I wonder if they every grow out of that stage. I love baked goods especially virtual ones as Im always on a diet those are the least fattening. I enjoyed your party and blog thanks.

Angi said...

Welcome to the party! Hope you're having fun! We live on a pretty busy road and one day I walked out and saw my 5 year old "watering the flowers" with "God's watering can" as he put it! Too Funny! Now, I only let him water the weeds in the fenced in back yard!

SimplyBillie said...

Enjoy the party! Too funny... I haven't caught my boys peeing in the litter box or heater vents... yet. Hopefully, I won't! LOL!

Pfingston said...

I've got three kids under 5 and this is my theory - that each placenta was made up of the brain cells of the mommy - once you passed that placenta that portion of your brain is just . . .gone. So it's insanity or brain damage . . .Nice to meet you, and welcome to this blogging world. I'm gonna have to blogline you, cause you make me laugh - so I'll be seeing you around . . .
Party on!

Wani said...

Happy Blog Party! Check out my party post!

Toni said...

I have a 15 month old son and the other day as I was trying to get him to the bath he stopped and had his first "watching himself pee" episode in the hall. Good to see what I have ahead of me. :)

Great party. If you get a chance check me out at http://itisnaptime.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate, I'm here from the Blog Party too, #1257 on the list.....there's so many of us!

That is really funny, I've never heard of a little boy peeing in a heat register.....makes me think that you wouldn't want to turn on the heat (LOL!) !

Have fun with the party!

Nadine said...

Hi. I'm from the blog party. I too enjoy reading. I have 2 kids also, but they are grown.

Have fun and hope to see you soon.

Mama Smurf said...

Ahhh another crazy blogoholic! We could be good friends you and I! LOL! Hey, if you feel inspired at any time to clean out my van you could no doubt find enough food for your next weeks' worth of meals...to add to your swept kitchen meal...
Nice to meet you...stop by and visit sometime!