Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Love List*

*This is a list of my loves. This was a challenge put forth by She Loves Purple so I accepted and have made my own list. The only restriction being that it be totally about me; not me as a mother, or wife, daughter or friend. This exercise is about eliminating those that may define me and about getting down to the root of what I am about.

I love having a pile of books on my nightstand that I can’t wait to read.
I love watching daddies fall in instantaneous love with their newborn babies.
I love the sound of a cat’s purr.
I love browsing through gourmet food stores, imagining how I’d use each tasty little treat I come across.
I love the sound of Rainbird sprinklers.
I love the smell of freshly cut alfalfa and hay.
I love making people laugh.
I love the feel of sun on my skin.
I love fresh corn tortillas.
I love chocolate dipped strawberries.
I love the smell of lilacs and how they remind me of gathering bouquets for my great-grandma.
I love when summer eases into fall, requiring you to slip on a sweatshirt as the sun sinks, while still feeling the warmth of the sun that has soaked into your bones.
I love the smell of suntan lotion.
I love The Barenaked Ladies. Especially in concert.
I love sitting on the beach, wiggling my toes in the warm sand, and watching the ocean.
I love otters and watching them play.
I love chapstick.
I love crisp, salty French fries with a root beer milkshake.
I love office supplies, especially Sharpies and cute notepads.
I love sitting around a campfire, watching it spark and dance.
I love good chips and salsa at a Mexican restaurant, along with a good cold Dos Equis.
I love eating breakfast out.
I love tennis and watching it on TV.
I love picking berries: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries.
I love Calvin & Hobbes.
I love being able to whistle really loudly. And a reason to do so.
I love the Fourth of July.
I love anticipating a new baby.
I love the smell of sheets dried outside in the sunshine & fresh air.
I love finishing a project and having it turn out better than I hoped.
I love when people “Oooh” and “Ahhh” over food I’ve made.
I love kneading bread and the smell of it baking.
I love driving thru the country with the windows down and the music up loud.
I love falling asleep outside in the sunshine.
I love going to baseball games; walking into the stadium feeling like a little kid in my excitement, the smell of the hotdogs, the roar of the crowd, the camaraderie of the fans united in their desire for their team to win. I love it all.
I love 80’s music.
I love working in my yard; planting flowers, pruning bushes, pulling weeds, clipping flowers. I especially love watering everything.
I love laughing so much that my cheeks hurt.
I love tigers.
I love watching ballroom dancing on TV.
I love making lists.
I love simple clear glass vases and serving dishes, decanters, canisters.
I love a clean house.
I love looking back at old pictures and reminiscing.
I love cooking on Thanksgiving and sitting down to a table loaded with good food, surrounded by family and loved ones.
I love having candles burning in the house.
I love dark chocolate covered nuts, even more so if there’s a bit of caramel.
I love leisurely browsing through bookstores.
I love Dooney & Bourke purses.
I love California Pizza Kitchen’s Thai Chicken Pizza and that my recreation of it tastes just as good.
I love going barefoot.
I love discovering something new about my town; a new café, a new walking trail, a new little gourmet food market.
I love that I always have something to do, or new to try, a project to work on, a book to read. I love to be busy.
I love tangy sourdough bread and good olive oil and balsamic vinegar to dip it in.
I love roadtrips.
I love counting my blessings, which are exceedingly abundant, and having a grateful heart.

This list is by no means complete. It changes and grows constantly as am I. But it's a good start, huh?

No comments: