Monday, March 3, 2008

It's Baby Day!

Today is a big day. It's Baby Day for my Cousin Cris. And while any birth is exciting and highly anticipated, this one blows the cover off any birth I've ever anticipated.

For you see, Cousin Cris is (or probably already has) delivered not one baby today, but FOUR. Yes, quadrulets. Two boys and two girls. Her c-section was scheduled for this morning at 7:45am so I'm sure there are four new little lives down in Southern California by now.

While any pregnancy can have it's uncertainties, this one was precarious from the onset simply because there were four little beings growing inside her. But she has been so incredibly dedicated to this pregnancy, to these babies, and has made it a remarkable 34 weeks and 5 days. Her doctors are amazed, not really giving her much chance of making it past 30 weeks gestation. But she has done everything right and had a multitude of prayers being offered up on her behalf.

So for now, I'm waiting for the phone call with all the details. If I had any fingernails, I'd surely be biting them, for I am SO anxious to hear that all is well with both her and the babies. I wish that I'd been able to be there with her today, to pace the halls and wring my hands along with her family. She and I have talked weekly since she was very first pregnant, before we knew there was more than one, so I've been anticipating this day for a long time.

I'll be back with details when I get them! But for now, I wait.

No comments: