Friday, March 14, 2008

The Fruits of my Labor

If there's one part of the house that I can't stand to let stay dirty for long, it's my kitchen. My computer is just behind where I'm standing for this picture, so I have full view of the kitchen and it's mess that I should be cleaning when I am instead playing on my computer.


DSC_0950
Yesterday I decided to take bite the bullet, drag myself away from the computer (and all the lovely new blogs I've discovered, thanks to the Ultimate Blog Party) and tackle the kitchen. Of course, since my way of thinking now takes into consideration whether any and all activities are "bloggable", I of course grabbed my camera for some before and after shots.

DSC_0951

It really didn't take long and the kitchen was sparkly clean & much more to my liking. Of course, the floors still need to be mopped, but I'm "saving" that as a special treat for myself. Ha.

DSC_0952

It does something good for my soul to see my expanse of countertop CLEAR and wiped clean. One of my pet peeves is dirty or wet counters. Gross. I can't stand public bathroom where water and soap is splashed all over the place. And yes, I've been known to wipe them up, thankyouverymuch.

DSC_0953

I even managed to sweep and reorganize the bottom of my pantry a bit.


Ah, I feel so much more at peace now. And less guilty as I while the hours away at my computer.

3 comments:

Rhi said...

This is precisely why I face AWAY from my kitchen while I am on my computer :)

I love your little cookbook stand! I need to find one of those!

Chelle said...

And now you can come over and clean my kitchen!!

Suzie said...

Yeah Im next my kitchen really needs a good cleaning.