Monday, July 14, 2008

It's My Birthday

And you know what the best gift has been?

Last night at work my co-workers surprised me with a cake and sang Happy Birthday to me. A nurse's aide that doesn't usually work on our floor was there and she said "Happy Birthday! How old are you?" My friend April pipes up and says "She's 29!", because that's our joke. And the nurse's aide replies "OMG, I never would have guessed you were that old!!"

Um, I'm 37 today. I either look REALLY good or I need to grow up.

In other birthday news, the Hubby took me out to dinner on Friday night to our favorite Greek restuarant and then we went out to check on the house. We drove up and I SAW WALLS! Actual walls, rising out of the foundation!! I was so excited! (Pictures to follow.) Not all of them were up, but they worked hard on Friday to get the ones that were built up in order to surprise me. Cool, huh?

Today, I took Sam to his swimming lessons and then we headed to the lake to meet Brooke and her crew. Being the BFF that she is, she brought me this cool Life Is Good t-shirt (we both LOVE LIG stuff). Thanks Brookie! I love it, as you knew I would. We hung out at the lake, letting the kids play in the sand and the water and soaking up as much sun as we could.

When I got home, I discovered that my hubby had bought me flowers and a bottle of my favorite wine at lunchtime and left them for me to find on the kitchen counter. Sweet, huh? Tonight we may go grab something to eat and then go to a park to let Sam ride his bike some more.

It's been a good day and I'm grateful for another year regardless of what age it makes me. As my dad always says, "Growing older is inevitable; growing UP is optional."

Here's to never growing up!

2 comments:

Mama Smurf said...

happy birthday to you...happy birthday to you....happy birthday dear Ka-ate...happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuuu!

=)

Chelle said...

Happy Happy birthday friend! Thanks for hitting 37 before me!!