The front of the house: The back of the house:
The west side of the house (garage, master bathroom window on the far right):
The east side of the house and back (kids' bedrooms, bath, master bedroom on far left): Some interior pictures - this is standing by the front door, looking right:
This is looking left:
Of course, the interior walls still have to be put in, which will really define the space, but this house is going to be big. At least to us!
I realized today that, while I've been spewing forth about the building of my house and foisting picture after picture upon you, I haven't really said too much about the actual house. As in it's details. (And Tammy, I'm working on trying to get the architect's drawing of the house posted, just for you.)
So, the house. Here's some details:
~One-story house with two car garage, except for a bonus room over the garage (appox 380 sq.ft.). The house itself is about 2300 sq. ft.
~Four bedrooms - Sam & Zoƫ's rooms are on one side of the house, with their bathroom in between. The master bedroom is on the other side of the house, behind the garage. The guest room is toward the front of the house, off of the great room.
~Two bathrooms - both have double vanities. The kids' bathroom will have a tub/shower combo, the master bath will have a walk-in, double showerhead, glassblock shower. Squeee!!!
~The living space is in the middle of the house and is BIG and OPEN. The kitchen is off to one side towards the back, with the dining room being separated by a half wall, but also open to the kitchen and great room.
~The kitchen has a large island (approx 8' by 5') and will have my cooktop in it, as well as seating around it. I'll have a big walk-in pantry, double ovens, under-cabinet lighting, and (hopefully) granite countertops.
~In the hallway leading to the laundry room, I will have an office space, with built-in cupboards and desk. The area is about 10' x 6' and was dead space in the plans until I claimed it as my own. It'll be SO perfect and I'm so excited! It's just down the hall from the kitchen, so I won't be isolated, yet my mess will be out of sight.
~We will be on five acres, about 8 miles from town.
2 comments:
Oh my....
Sounds fabulous!
Did you find the plans yourself? How? And will you have neighbors?
I love watching the progress of a house under construction. It is amazing how quickly they change - kind of like kids :)
Hopefully I'll get to monitor my own house one day!
Post a Comment