Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Floors & More Dirt

House Building: A Preview
House Building: Part 1
House Building: Part 2

June 24th:

Small pea-gravel has been blown into the inside of the foundation. This'll be much easier on the knees of whoever needs to crawl around under the house. Which won't be me.

July 2nd:

Look! We have the beginnings of a floor! All the floor joists are on. When I drove up and saw this, I'll admit, I got a small tear in my eye. The indentations in the floor joists are the front (right) and back (left) porches. See that white stripe around the foundation? That's the waterproofing seal that I painted on, all the way around.
July 5th:
The framer & Hubby were going to work on putting the plywood down over the joists but the generator and/or air compressor quit working. But they did get all the wood moved onto the house. Also, a load of gravel was dumped in the garage to backfill it.
July 6th:

The backfilling begins! All the foundation work is done, the drain pipes are in place, so now the trench around the house can be filled in. My dad is standing on the "back porch" surveying the work.

Look! Now you can walk right up to the house without falling in a two foot hole!

And that's where we're at! Josh went out to check on things last night and said that almost all the floor is on, so I'm sure that will be finished up today. Next up - WALLS!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

yeah!! coming along nicely
!!

Mama Smurf said...

OK. You're killing me. The suspence is killing me. I'm dying to see what this house is going to look like. Not that it matters cause a shack or even a pitched tent would be stunning with that mountainous backdrop...but still....quit being a tease a give us a little preview of what the finished product will look like....

ps- how bad is it (on a scale of 1-10) that I'm reading your blog and commenting from my cell phone while driving to my daughters swim class....ugh...i need help!

Chelle said...

I predict a Christmas celebration in the new home! Can't wait to see continuing progress!

Suzie said...

How excting

Mama Smurf said...

Come "see" me...I have an award for you! =)