Man! The days are just speeding by! We've been so busy lately that I'm having a hard time keeping up with everything. Life always seems to speed up in the summer, and with our house-building project going too, we're extra busy (and burning gas like we own an oil field).
Thursday morning the weather turned cold and rainy. I had a full day of schlumping around the house planned when I received an email from my pal Heather, inviting various friends over to hang out in the afternoon. Well, she didn't need to ask me twice! I had a couple errands to run, then we headed over to her house. Brooke and a couple other friends, Maggie and Beka, joined us. We shooed the kids all downstairs to play, and settled ourselves in around the coffee maker and snacks. The hours flew by as we chatted and laughed, and before we knew it it was dinnertime! I tell ya, I have the best friends. What a totally indulgent afternoon it was - several hours to myself to just hang out with friends. Even though the kids were there, they're all old enough now to pretty much play and do their own thing without interrupting us, so it really felt like "me" time. Thanks Heather for opening your doors to us! What a great way to spend an afternoon...
Friday, hubby went out to the property to do a few things while I put the finishing touches on my 4th of July grub. In the afternoon, we headed out to Whitey's house for a BBQ. Another enjoyable afternoon ensued, where we consumed way too much food, a few beverages, and took alot of pictures. When it got dark, we brought out the fireworks and started the show. The kids all got to have sparklers and take turns helping light some fireworks. I think I prefer doing fireworks at home with friends than going to a big show, where you have to battle crowds, parking and traffic. It was really fun and the kids got to participate. Next year, we'll be able to host the party - I'm already looking forward to it!
Today I awoke with a bit of a headache and general icky feeling. Hmmm. Maybe one who is used to drinking 1-2 beers a night should rethink having a cocktail following by 4 beers. Needless to say, I got off to a slow start this morning. But after a couple cups of coffee, some Excedrin and some cinnamon toast, I was about good as new. The kids and I packed up and headed out to the house where Josh was already working. I finished putting the waterproofing sealer on the foundation, as tomorrow they will be backfilling it. The rest of the day we spent at home, relaxing and puttering around the house. I managed to do all the laundry, clean both the kids' rooms, wash the sofa cushion covers, and vaccum.
I have some pictures to post but for now, my bed is calling my name. Tomorrow will probably be just as busy and 5:30am comes awfully early, which seems to be the time when Zoƫ wakes up and starts calling me, or else wanders into our room and crawls into bed with us. Why can't that girl sleep IN?!
4 comments:
I am exhausted! 5:30am it's like sunny out then!
The 4th BBQ was fun! We have to do another soon! Cant wait for your house to be done so your closer!!
Sounds like a great time. Im up at 5:30 too aint little ones great
5:30??!! Oh my....
Sounds like you had a great weekend too!
Post a Comment