With the advent of slightly warmer temperatures and the rapidly approaching end of the school year, my thoughts have turned to summer. I've started making a mental list of all the things I want to do. I live for the summers when the kids and I can be on the go and out of the house. We have our standard activities that we do every year: a trip to the zoo, berry picking, the annual campout of folks I grew up with, 4th of July BBQs, and multiple trips to the local Fair.
My main partner-in-crime, Brooke, is as much a go-er and do-er as I am so over the last couple years we've had lot of adventures together and are already cooking up more for this summer. We are more than ready for some hot, sunny weather and the freedom from school schedules. (We both have been languishing miserably thru this long, cold winter we've been subjected to.)
And this summer our youngest kids, who are only 3 weeks apart in age, will be almost three years old and much more manageable when it comes to our outings. We've been looking forward to this particular summer since they were babies, knowing they would be at the age where they were more independent and easier to drag around. And, like every summer, we'll look forward to "next summer" when they'll be a year older and even more fun. But for now, we'll start dreaming of our lazy days at the lake, picnics at the park, camping adventures and whatever else strikes our fancy.
What are your plans or favorite activities for the summer?
8 comments:
I love summer! I would rather sweat to death than be cold. I've got one that will be three in July and I can't wait to take him to the pools and fishing and camping. He's so fun now and I know we will all have a blast this summer.
By the way, I found your blog through DadGoneMad. I've posted a complete list of everyone who left their blog link in a post called Blog Rolling With My Homies over on my blog, so if you want to see it come on over and sit a spell. I don't bite..…that hard anyway!
I'm a summer gal too. I can smell summer in the air. And the hotter the better. Most people complain about the MI humidity but you'll never hear me complain that it's TOO hot!
We spend out summers at the Metro beaches, Lifetime pools, we get an annual pass to the Detroit zoo every year...My daughter and I are going this week with her school for a field trip....it's one of my favorite places to be.
My parents have a cabin up north in the middle of no-where that we spend a couple weekends at. We're going on a trip with 4 other couples in August for a week of boating and fun. And we do a lot of traveling.
It's right around the corner. All the neighbors are coming out of hybernation.
Im going on vacation to club med! I cant wait. Im so excited I dream about it!
Just so you know, I've piggy backed on yours and Brookes summer plans. I plan on showing up at your campsite, following behind you on your way to the zoo. I'm going to be your mommy stalker. Hey, now that we're in the cyber world, you were bound to get one, right?
Heather, sorry to ruin your plans, but you're not technically a "stalker" if you're flat out invited! We'd LOVE to have you join us! The more the merrier, right?
I am planning to just do whatever I want this summer. We didn't even make vacation plans. Last year was so hot and dry, we're hoping this one will be nicer so we can get out and go the parks.
YAY! You've announced it's Almost Summer so now I can start my planning too. *cough-already-started-cough*
We have a great park with a wading pool a few blocks from our house - last year I was TERRIBLE about taking the kids - I'm planning to make that a more regular "thing" this year (now that the baby can play, too!)
That an our first real family vacation - haven't planned the details just yet but its on the calendar!
I love summer, not that I have school age kids yet, but I know that is coming, and I'd like to make this last summer before the oldest heads off to school, the best possible summer for her. I have lots of park trips, lake trips, zoo trips and just about any other reason to be outside trips planned!
Post a Comment