In honor of our upcoming 7th wedding anniversary (the 19th), hubby & I are headed to the Big City for the weekend. The kiddos are going to Grandma's and we're going to have ourselves some kidless time. I think our 5th anniversary was the last time we had a weekend to ourselves. And that was only one night. And the train went by, right under our window, multiple times that night. Needless to say, it wasn't a restful night. I think I would have gotten more sleep at home with my still-nursing-repeatedly-at-night 8-month old baby.
This time around, however, there is no train. (I don't think.) And I will make sure to consume just enough cocktails to ensure a sound slumber. Of course, hubby will be consuming too, which will lead to even sounder slumber (aka LOUDER snoring) on his part, so maybe I better ramp up my consumption in an effort to ensure my own slumbering success. (Note to self: Pack the Excedrin.)
Here's to a Happy Mother's Day (hopefully not hungover like a goat - it doesn't take much these days)!
5 comments:
Good for you guys! That's awesome and so, so important for a marrage. I can't wait to hear about it.
I suggest you invest in some good ear plugs.
Yea for you two. Sometimes getting away from every day life reminds us why we married that guy in the first place! Everytime we go on vacation I think "Oh, yeah, this is why I married you!"
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY AND HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!
Hope you guys have a great time!
Have a great trip. I need to do that too.
Happy anniversary and happy Mother's Day. Hope you had a great time on both accounts!
Post a Comment