Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Still here

So, I'm back!

And the first thing I notice when I'm logging in is that I've written 99 posts. Which means that THIS post is my 100th post! Who'da thunk it? I always thought that for my 100th post I'd write something meaningful and entertaining, or do one of those "100 things about me" posts, but alas, I just don't think it's gonna happen today. I returned from California on Sunday night and then had to immediately go back to work on Monday afternoon, as well as today. So not much time to stew in my creative juices and spew out words of wit & wisdom for your reading pleasure.

I will tell you that dealing with four 11 week old babies is exhausting. The kind of exhausting that you truly can't comprehend, nor could I ever adequately explain. It was HARD. And I was only there for 4 days. It was such a treat to see them finally and be able to love and kiss on them, but the good Lord knew what He was doing only giving me one at a time. And I understand why some animals eat their young.

I have a whole new appreciation for my cousin - if there ever was a supermom, she would be it. Many days functioning on only 3-4 hours of sleep, pumping breastmilk every 3-4 hours, feeding/burping/changing/rocking babies one after the other, while managing to do all the other necessary stuff (like eat, bathe, laundry, and wash & fill 25-30 bottles every day), and still maintaining an impressive level of sanity and patience definitely earns her my vote for Mom of the Year. She's a better woman than I.

For lots of reasons, I was glad to get home to my own family. It was a nice visit (with horribly crappy weather) but it's true what they say - "There's no place like home."

2 comments:

Suzie said...

Welcome back. You know its bad when two seems like a vacation

Mama Smurf said...

I couldn't imagine....just couldn't imagine.