Forgive me, my faithful interwebs, for being so absent lately. It's been a busy, WARM week and I just haven't had the same urge to park my tookus at the computer with so much sunshine streaming in my windows. I still owe ya'll a post about our weekend in Seattle and I'll do my best to get to that. Eventually.
I'm sorry to say that I probably will be absent for much of the next week as I'm hoppin' on an aeroplane and heading south on Tuesday to go visit my cousin and her baby quadrulets! Who are now 2 1/2 months old! Ack. I'm gonna have my hands full. Nothing like jumping from the frying pan right into the blazing hot inferno of molten lava x5. (four 2 1/2 month old quadruplets + one almost-three year old boy = five times the pain) Ha ha, I'm just joking. I'm SO looking forward to this. I know I'm gonna cry like a dork when I actually get to see them. I love those little buggars and I've never even seen them - not even a dern picture other than the newspaper! But I s'pose some lacking photographicalness is to be expected of parents of newborn quadrulets + one toddler boy. I am SO gonna be making up for that when I'm there. They'll probably be begging me to put away my trusty Nikon and leave them the hell alone! I mean, my camera holds 1000 pictures and I'm gonna do my best to fill her up. In all seriousness, I'd love to be able to get some good shots and put together a digital scrapbook for them. This time is probably going to be a hazy blur for them and what parent doesn't want to remember every single little detail of their new babies? But shhhh! Don't tell them. It's a surprise.
I do have to share my latest, newest favoritest website with you. Oh my stars. I discovered this little gem on kirtsy and it's been sucking the juice out of my brain with it's demand for my occular attention. Ok, so if you like to cook food, like to eat food, like to look at food, go check out TasteSpotting. Oh heavens, it's a whole lotta food porn in one tidy little spot. Since I won't allow myself to actually search food blogs (I know they're out there! calling my name! but I'm determinedly resisting! because I have a life that needs living!), TasteSpotting is my new best friend. (Just kidding, Brooke. You're still my main squeeze. To prove that, I'll let you in on the secret that there are blogs dedicated to nothing but CUPCAKES. Go. Look. You can thank me later.) Right now there are 306 pages of pretty food to look at, 48 recipes on each page, so I'm sure you'll find something that will make your mouth water. I practically need a bib!
I'm sorry to say that I probably will be absent for much of the next week as I'm hoppin' on an aeroplane and heading south on Tuesday to go visit my cousin and her baby quadrulets! Who are now 2 1/2 months old! Ack. I'm gonna have my hands full. Nothing like jumping from the frying pan right into the blazing hot inferno of molten lava x5. (four 2 1/2 month old quadruplets + one almost-three year old boy = five times the pain) Ha ha, I'm just joking. I'm SO looking forward to this. I know I'm gonna cry like a dork when I actually get to see them. I love those little buggars and I've never even seen them - not even a dern picture other than the newspaper! But I s'pose some lacking photographicalness is to be expected of parents of newborn quadrulets + one toddler boy. I am SO gonna be making up for that when I'm there. They'll probably be begging me to put away my trusty Nikon and leave them the hell alone! I mean, my camera holds 1000 pictures and I'm gonna do my best to fill her up. In all seriousness, I'd love to be able to get some good shots and put together a digital scrapbook for them. This time is probably going to be a hazy blur for them and what parent doesn't want to remember every single little detail of their new babies? But shhhh! Don't tell them. It's a surprise.
I do have to share my latest, newest favoritest website with you. Oh my stars. I discovered this little gem on kirtsy and it's been sucking the juice out of my brain with it's demand for my occular attention. Ok, so if you like to cook food, like to eat food, like to look at food, go check out TasteSpotting. Oh heavens, it's a whole lotta food porn in one tidy little spot. Since I won't allow myself to actually search food blogs (I know they're out there! calling my name! but I'm determinedly resisting! because I have a life that needs living!), TasteSpotting is my new best friend. (Just kidding, Brooke. You're still my main squeeze. To prove that, I'll let you in on the secret that there are blogs dedicated to nothing but CUPCAKES. Go. Look. You can thank me later.) Right now there are 306 pages of pretty food to look at, 48 recipes on each page, so I'm sure you'll find something that will make your mouth water. I practically need a bib!
I'll try to pop back tomorrow with more random mumblings. My brain is approaching critical mass with all I need to do in the next 24 hours so I little blogging might be just the remedy.
2 comments:
Enjoy your trip!
I wont look at food blogs either. They make me too hungry
Post a Comment